Next GCC - Summer Fare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I know we are still posting for this GCC but I wanted to get this out. How about a summer challenge? I'm thinking:

Summer Picnic
Everything would be food you make in advance to take on a picnic, nothing "cooked on site."

OR

Summer Cookout
A back yard cookout. The traditional "summer grilling", not smoking, but grilling (if that makes sense).

Any thoughts?

Ummm--what to do with all that garden produce? I don't take it to a picnic--I have to figure out what to do with it all! Wish I had a picnic to which to take it!

Dave, I think that is a great idea. With all the new ideas out there for twists on classic picnic fare I think that would be great.

But I think we may need to adjust the courses. Say snack, main, 1 - 2 sides, dessert and beverage. But that's just an idea to get conversation going.

I would like to follow your thoughts on a picnic.

I am always looking for new ideas on "road food". We like to take food with us when we travel or pick it up along the way but, I get into a rut about what to make and take.

I'm in--I have my menu figured out. And, I will be able to harvest everything except the meat.........oh, I'm so in.

Incentive to get off the farm and pick up a card or two for my digital camera.

Does it count as a picnic if we take it on a canoe trip?

Last edited:
I sat the last one out on account of too much on my plate and it wasn't dinner. This time, I am sitting out again...I have my big race this month and I did something stupid yesterday and am recovering from that. I'm fine, just stupid!!!

I'm in--I have my menu figured out.
Does it count as a picnic if we take it on a canoe trip?

Yaaay! Sure it counts. Ours will be eaten in our back yard since we really can't go on a picnic..although maybe.. Hmmm :ermm:.. anyway sure it counts!

I sat the last one out on account of too much on my plate and it wasn't dinner. This time, I am sitting out again...I have my big race this month and I did something stupid yesterday and am recovering from that. I'm fine, just stupid!!!

Oh no!! :( What did you do to yourself???

I'll post the "rules" and courses and such this weekend. I've been swamped at work this week during the days and at night I've been trying to keep things watered outdoors and keep up with my regular gardening chores.

Ummm--what to do with all that garden produce? I don't take it to a picnic--I have to figure out what to do with it all! Wish I had a picnic to which to take it!

Its a bit of a drive but the boys and I have picnics weekly ;) lol
A couple years ago I had so much garden fresh stuff and even after giving it away to friends and family and the people in the apartment complex who dont have a lot of food, I also was able to take some to a local church who has a food bank weekly. The food wouldnt spoil before they opened the bank up so I was happy people who didnt have much were able to have some fresh foods!

I didn't break my jaw...so I can still eat and talk:rolleyes: I'm just slower with typing and it's hard to cook with one hand.

I t was a stupid fall...I was stopped at a light and just tipped over. I've been told I'm too old to be falling off my bike and Shrek has threatened to buy me a set of training wheels.

My elbow is immobilized for the next 4 weeks.

OUCH! :ohmy: That's gotta HURT!!!!

How about one of those 3-wheelers instead of training wheels? (ducking and taking cover) :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom