PPPC-II. It's baaaack...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was referring to Frank's suggestion of no bun, just the pork as being low carb.
And yes, for Andy's SO.
You know, a sandwich without the bread ;)

It is sort of low carb, except for the bar-b-que sauce on the pork. Not a low carb item!

Depends on the sauce. My Carolina vinegar has a tad of sugar in it. The mustard is a bit more, but not tons.

If you use the heavily sweetened ketchup sauces it is, indeed, a lot of carbs. Nothing wrong with heavily sweetened ketchup sauces, I just don't use those on my pulled pork.

I was referring to Frank's suggestion of no bun, just the pork as being low carb.
And yes, for Andy's SO.
You know, a sandwich without the bread ;)

Yes, eating it without the bun would take away most of the carbs. I often do a sandwich without the bread. Some people eating low carb just omit starchy carbs. Others go down to bare bones.

I noticed the gas and electric was a ways away from the house, too. I was wondering if they were going to be moved closer when the house was done. At least the gas. I've never seen that before. But I've never been in NM either.

Did you like that sandwich, pac? The slaw and fries on the sandwich make me uncertain.

Asks the man who lives in a region of the country that puts stuffing and cranberry sauce on turkey sandwiches! :LOL: I'm guessing every area of the country has its own regional sloppy sandwich. Makes life interesting!

... I often do a sandwich without the bread.....

Ever use a lettuce leaf as a wrap?

I like making my sandwiches in a romaine lettuce leaf. I trim down the spine so it is about as thick as the rest of the leaf touching it so it's easier to roll, then lay my ingredients down like it's a flatbread. Roll and stuff into mouth, repeat. With no bread I don't feel bad about two roll-ups, expecially since they are each smaller than a standard slice of bread to begin with.

Asks the man who lives in a region of the country that puts stuffing and cranberry sauce on turkey sandwiches! :LOL: I'm guessing every area of the country has its own regional sloppy sandwich. Makes life interesting!

Every sub shop in my area has them from the day after Thanksgiving to right after New Years. They are delish! There is not too much bread as they tear most of it out to make a hollow for the ingredients. Some even have the gravy. :angel:

I like stuffing and cranberry sauce on turkey sandwiches, too! I can hardly wait for this!!!

I've never heard of it.
It doesn't sound like something I'd eat anyway. The only red jiggly stuff I eat is jello. And even then it's probably been twenty years since I've had Jello.

I don't put stuffing or cranberry sauce on my sandwiches. Doesn't appeal to me.

Week 13... Cleveland V Jacksonville... and what is Jacksonville known for? Nothing :huh:
A lot of Googling went into this week's personal challenge and the searches all came back the same, Jacksonville has no culture :ermm: A city of transplants and Navy people, apparently they have no local cuisine. Nothing that has been handed down through the ages and the city can call its own. But they do have one thing, several shrimp festivals each year. Good enough for me :chef:
So 2 lbs of shrimp later, this is what we have:
Panko breaded and deep fried shrimp; a grilled shrimp kabab featuring Canadian bacon wrapped shrimp seasoned with lemon pepper, peel 'n eat shrimp boil and shrimp scampi. I figured if my challenge was to pay homage to the shrimp festivals of Jacksonville, FL, I wanted to fix the shrimp in different ways. Plus who can eat 2 lbs of shrimp all fixed the same way... :ermm: Don't answer that :angel: The dipping sauce was mayo, ketchup, cajun seasoning and a little horseradish.

Attachments

• shrimp plate1.jpg
    shrimp plate1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 184
  • shrimp scampi.jpg
    shrimp scampi.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 214
I'm sure Jacksonville was happy to hear that they have no redeemable culinary qualities, Pac!

Nice shrimp!

I am sure Jacksonville has a marvellous culinary history... maybe they just prefer to keep it to themselves? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom