Puppy friendly recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kariscooking

Assistant Cook
Anybody have puppy friendly recipes to share with me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have about 50 biscuit recipes that I developed, tried, and tested. If you are looking for homemade biscuit recipes, bring it on!

I may be posting to a dead thread but what the heck. I've dabbled in homemade dog food, doggie ice cream and of course, biscuits/cookies.

My dog food formula is simple: a third cooked lean protein ( usually gr. turkey), a third of cooked barley or brown rice and a third of cooked veg (I just dump carrots, spinach, sweet potatoes, grean beans into a crockpot and cook them in a bit of liquid until done. Mix all three together, mash them with a potato masher or use food processor (rough chopped) and store in fridge and wah-lah, dog food. I usually will make a ton and divide it into small size containers and keep extra's in the freezer. I use this as a topper to good quality kibble.

Doggie Ice Cream: Half low fat greek yogurt and half unsweetened applesauce. Thin it out with a bit of chicken stock or water and freeze in those little dixie cups. When frozen, dump them out of the cups into a ziplock and store. I'll give these as treats on hot days.

I am a big believer in dog food toppers. I always add something on top. I'll do wet dog food, homemade or canned, to fresh blueberries, cooked yams, grated fresh carrots or apples, sliced cucumbers. And my dogs all time favorite, I split a can of sardines packed in water between the two bowls. They pratically jump on the counter and help open the tin. Nothing like two big dogs with sardine poots. :ROFLMAO:

I do have lots of dog treat recipes...says the person with no dogs. I do make them for all the dogs at work and they love them. Goofy animals think I carry treats in my pockets...:angel::angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom