The Next GCC Challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love to get in on this one and tell tales out of school about the manipulative way I got Dh to ask for my address but alas time is just too short even for this fun activity. Sounds like a blast though. Can't wait to read your entries.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to this - things got a little hectic around here. Will try to set it up over the weekend....just another thing to add to my list! But a fun one indeed. :)

Thats no excuse LP get cracking.
Ps may I post my signature dish "Spamolenta" again?
PPs I do wear overalls when I make it as the polenta can inflict a nasty burn.

Thats no excuse LP get cracking.
Ps may I post my signature dish "Spamolenta" again?
PPs I do wear overalls when I make it as the polenta can inflict a nasty burn.

I am serving "Spamolenta" the next time we have a "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" party.:angel:

When do we need to have this posted? I already know what I'm making and actually already have pictures of it. However, I intend to make it again! :)

PrincessFiona60 said:
I am serving "Spamolenta" the next time we have a "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" party.:angel:

My only problem with Monty Python is that every time I get invited to watch any of their stuff with friends Spam is being served. I've learned to bring my own snacks.

Sorry, everyone. I have had a pretty rough couple of weeks.

Okay, this is taking on a new form. I am going to open a new thread called "What's Your Signature Dish". You can start posting any time. Pictures are not necessary and recipes should be posted in their proper category and linked to the thread. Other than that, anything goes! :)

How about something like an Iron Chef challenge. Ingredients that have to be used for each course, and a list of what is in the pantry that can be used? For example, shitake mushrooms, tomatillos (or green tomatoes if tomatillos aren't available), shrimp, dark chocolate, and sweet potato? In the pantry, rice, pasta, eggs, milk, butter, EVOO, lime, lemon, cilantro, parsley, lemon grass, etc.? Everyone who wants to participate can offer 3 items that could be in the pantry?

PF--I don't know--my pantry has more than five ingredients in it...I was tossing out an idea. The other thought is to make sure the "key" ingredients are not expensive or hard to acquire. Make it a "stretch your brain" sort of thing with ingredients in the freezer/pantry. Not "I have to go buy this stuff to participate."

We had decided to get away from the competitive part of this challenge, and instead focus on choosing a secret ingredient or theme that will stretch the participant's cullinary skills by getting them to think creatively. The mushroom challenge and convenience store challenges perfectly exemplified this idea. The entries were well out of the box and yet were creative and successfull. No one made anything that was just bad. All recipes gave everyone new ideas for what can be done with common foods. I mean, we had ice cream and sweet rolls made from mushrooms, and they were great. We had coctails that featured mushrooms as well. Who'd of thunk it?

Succesful recipes are shared with everyone so that others may enjoy making and tasting them.

GCC isn't about making the best food so that we can hold up our heads and say - "Look at me!" It's about testing our limits, to help us become better, and show us new techniques and discover new flavors. Food becomes an art form, and the participants, the artists. It also teaches us how to present food in a way to make it more apealing.

The competition part was fun and allowed us to gauge our strengths. But I'm thinking that we might do away with competing against each other, but rather, have our entries rated on thier own strengths, maybe with critiques about what was great, and what was not so great. Each entry would be up for scrutiny by the DC community.

Whatcha think?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom