1 lb. chuck roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi. I made a pot roast the other day and have about 1 lb. of uncooked chuck roast left over (I cut it into pieces to fit better in my Dutch oven, but some didn't fit). I only need to feed DH and me and I'm pretty well stocked with produce and pantry ingredients. Any ideas? Thanks.

You could shred the meat, add some fried onion and some gravy and make meat pies, you could make a stew or soup, you could cut it into strips and make shawarma's (pita pockets with shredded meat, salad and sauce like tzatsiki), you could stirfry some strips with veggies and serve with rice or noodles, you could make baguettes with slices of beef, mustard and sauerkraut etc., you can make homemade pizza with thin slices and whatever topping you like, you could make a quiche.............................

Last edited:
Stew, stroganoff over noodles... something along those lines. So many possibilities...

Hi. I made a pot roast the other day and have about 1 lb. of uncooked chuck roast left over (I cut it into pieces to fit better in my Dutch oven, but some didn't fit). I only need to feed DH and me and I'm pretty well stocked with produce and pantry ingredients. Any ideas? Thanks.

Not sure how large your pieces are. If they are large enough - mini beef wellingtons come to mind. Otherwise, I'd go with Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches (w/ grilled onions, peppers, mushrooms & provolone cheese on baguettes), beef dip sandwiches, or tacos w/ fresh avocado & tomatoes, etc.

Thanks for the ideas :) I've never made ropa vieja (Cuban beef stew), but it sounds tasty and I have all the ingredients, so I'm going with that today. I'm leaving out the olives, as we don't care for them, and have some frozen blanched tomatoes from last summer's garden, so those will go in. Can't wait.

Here's the recipe I'm using: Cuban-Style Ropa Vieja

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom