Apple Pumpkin Dump Cake with Duncan Hines Caramel Cake Mix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

countrycooker

Assistant Cook
I have a Duncan Hines Caramel Cake Mix and was thinking about making an apple dump cake with it. But then I noticed I have some pumpkin (homemade). I have seen cake mixes that you can just add pumpkin and mix it up, bake and you have a cake. My question is......Could I do it similar to a dump cake? Apple pie filling in the bottom, then mix the caramel cake mix and pumpkin together and pour over the apples? And how long would I want to bake that? I'm thinking that would be a great combination of pumpkin, apple, and caramel! Just not sure how I would do it!

It just might work, never know until you give it a try. You may just invent a new family favorite dessert!

Welcome!

Bakechef was right! It's going to be a new favorite!! I put the apple pie filling in the bottom of my cake dish, mixed 2 cups of pumpkin with the caramel cake mix and scooped it on top of the pie filling!! No oil, now eggs, just the pumpkin and the cake mix. WOW!! It is amazing and the cake is super moist! Loved it! Made it for last night's supper and there's only about 2 scoops of it left! If you enjoy this kind of dessert, I'd recommend it!

Back
Top Bottom