Bacon breakfast recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bacon is so much better than ham, yessir! My first thought related to bacon is the Spanglish Sandwich (google it - it's very popular!) on toasted bread with mayo, melted cheese, butter lettuce, sliced tomato and an egg (or if you're like me, forget the egg). I hope we're not counting calories here.

The thought process kind of slows for me if eggs aren't involved. Bacon biscuits comes to mind but that's easy. You can do these two ways - either make buiscuits, slice and add bacon, or add bacon to the batter and then bake the biscuits. Grits topped with cheese and bacon sounds good to me!

Chicken fried bacon
Don't ask me why but that cracks me up! :LOL:

I love to make pork and beans with bacon, especially if I don't have a ham hock to work with. Just saute some onions with chopped bacon, and add beans, a bit of chick stock or water, a can of chopped tomatoes, salt, cumin coriander, paprika and brown sugar. Not sure if I am forgetting anything, but there is lots you can add to this. Just let it simmer for....well, ages, really. The more it cooks, the softer the beans get, and the tastier it all gets.

A good weekday breakfast at my house is a muffin/bagel, yogurt, fresh fruit (this week it was cantaloupe), and a couple slices of bacon, sausage links, or steak strips.

Try this spread...it delicious!
Fry a pkg (approx 12-16 oz) of bacon. Cool & crumble. Add 8 oz of cream cheese (soften to room temp), 1/3 cup sliced green onions, and 1/2 cup mayo or salad dressing (like Miracle Whip) and small apple cored & diced.
Use as spread on english muffins or bagels.

note: leave out the green onion and use it to stuff celery...yum!

As a hors d'oeuvre, you can try this variation of Gougeres that uses bacon, serves about 40 pieces:

Ingredients
8 tbsp unsalted butter cut into small pieces
1 cup of flour
4 large eggs, at room temp. LARGE, not EXTRA LARGE eggs.
3/4 cups of milk
1 1/2 cup of finely grated gruyere cheese
4 stripes of bacon
1/2 cup of water
Salt and pepper to season
Preparation
Fry bacon on pan, let it cool and crumble or chop into tiny pieces.
Preheat oven at 400F.
Combine butter, water and 1/2 cup of milk in a saucepan over high heat.
Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
When butter has melted, remove from heat.
Add flour to the mix at once, stir with wooden spoon until mix forms a thick dough and pulls away from the pan walls.
Bring the pan back to the heat for a minute while continuing stirring, remove from heat and let dough cool to room temperature.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, ensuring each one is incorporated before adding the next one.
Add 1 cup of cheese and the chopped bacon to the dough thoroughly mixing.
Line two baking sheet with aluminium foil.
Using your hands or a tbsp make small balls of dough and put in baking sheet, keep them separate since the balls will grow upon baking.
Use the reminder 1/4 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of cheese to brush the top and sprinkle.
Bake one tray at a time in the middle rack of the oven for about 25 min. or when gougeres start to look golden.
Remove from oven and serve at room temperature or warm for breakfast.

Note: The batter may be heavy to beat, a stand mixer can be used. Just ensure you achieve consistent mixing by stopping the machine and removing the dough out of the beater because as the mix is ready, it will pull from the bowl walls and stick to the beater.

the other night i made potato and ham cream soup. I cooked up some bacon for topping. I then used to grease to brown the cubed ham. And then I used the leftover from that instead of butter for the soup. The ham tasted awesome, the soup tasted better and the crunchy bacon as a topping was great.
Since I only cook for 2 regularly, I freeze the bacon. It thaws pretty quickly.

Try PIG CANDY:

Lay out the slices on a baking sheet and put them in the oven at 350 or so for 20 minutes. Then sprinkle with brown sugar (and some cayenne if you want the spicier version) and then bake for another 20 or so minutes until done. It's amazing.

Back
Top Bottom