Bacon breakfast recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jet

Sous Chef
I have a good deal of bacon and am trying to come up with some creative breakfast recipes to use it up. I do not care for eggs, and I am afraid that really narrows my options.

Bacon, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

BLT and soup for lunch or dinner.

Bacon and cheddar soup.

Toppings for salads and baked potatoes.

Make any sandwich a club sandwich with the addition of bacon

Bacon Cheeseburgers.

Smokey Cauliflower, Gouda and Bacon squares

Bake it on a cookie sheet (stays flatter that way) and you can use it on sandwiches and burgers. Make it really crisp and you can crumble it on salads etc. Put it in pasta, make a carbonara...mmmmmmmmmmm!

If you are REALLY wanting it for breakfast, try dicing potatoes, adding the bacon and frying it til potatoes are tender. Grate some cheese over it, add some veggies and you have a nice skillet dish. Good luck.

These should keep you busy for a while :)

Bacon Recipes - Home Cooking

I would go for the Penne Alla Vodka with B A C O N.

Edit: Okay noticed you said breakfast. Over pancakes or French Toast.

There's always a good ol' BLT sammich.

Last edited:
If you don't want to be eating bacon for the next few weeks, try freezing it. I put individual rashers in those tiny ziplock bags and stick the lot in a freezer bag. I take out the uncooked rashers as I need them. I'm not huge on bacon - too salty for me as a regular item - and usually am only cooking for one, so you may prefer to package in larger quantities. This means that a quick carbonara of blt is not a problem.

How about I just take it off your hands? :)
Make a breakfast strata.
Grease a dish, 1/2 filll with cut up bread
top with cheese, the bacon, some veggies maybe? I like broccoli and red pepper
Mix eggs, milk or cream, a little mustard and salt
let sit a few hours or overnight.
Poof breakfast in the morning without cooking.
Great for Cristmas morning.

If you don't want to be eating bacon for the next few weeks, try freezing it. I put individual rashers in those tiny ziplock bags and stick the lot in a freezer bag. I take out the uncooked rashers as I need them. I'm not huge on bacon - too salty for me as a regular item - and usually am only cooking for one, so you may prefer to package in larger quantities. This means that a quick carbonara of blt is not a problem.

I do this, too.
I wrap up the portions in plastic wrap and freeze in a ziploc bag. It's very handy doing this and I can buy larger quantities on sale.

BTW, I never heard of baking it before. I saw on a show to lay the strips in a cold pan and bring up to temp to keep them flatter. Seems to work over laying them in a preheated pan.

pacanis BTW said:
Probably all food service establishments, (restaurants, hospitals, school cafeterias etc) where large quanities of bacon or cooked on a daily basis use the oven method. It's fast and efficient. They do not have the time (man hours) to pay someone to stand in front of a stove and fry bacon the we do in our homes.

For breakfast ideas. I like bacon with pancakes/syrup....biscuits/syrup.....toast, bacon, and oatmeal. or just toast, bacon and hot coffee!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Duh I just noticed you said you don't care for eggs.
Actually I don't either.... alone.
But if you cover 'em up with enough stuff, like in an omlette I will eat them.
Thats why I like the stratas so much.
I DO LIKE THEM SAM I AM!!!!!!

Thanks, UB. I've never been behind the scenes before.

I just found out there's a huge difference in flavors between the different "regular" bacons. I typically buy Oscar Mayer's regular bacon. I've tried "off" brands and the taste was always about the same, but OM seems to be much leaner. The last time I was at the store I picked up some Sugardale bacon because it was on sale. I don't know that I'd like it by itself for breakfast, or in a sandwich, but fried with some onions and green beans :D Oh yeah, babe. I can't believe how much smokier the flavor is than any packaged bacon I've had before. It really adds something special that was missing before. I even checked the package to see if it was extra smoked or something.
I'll have to start labeling the bacon in my freezer so I know which is which.

Cook it up fairly crisp, dip in flour then egg wash then flour again and put it back in the skillet.. Chicken fried bacon. Make up some gravy afterwards and have a real chicken fried bacon meal..

Bacon is lovely with grilled tomatoes or a couple of sausages.

I do not have any trouble finding dinner uses for bacon. I was hoping to find some breakfast recipes so that I could use it up even faster.

I am going to go through these recipes and see if anything jumps out at me.

This will not help you get rid of the bacon, but when you fry it make sure to keep some of the bacon grease in an old jar. Or as they call it in the South, "bacon drippings".
Use the bacon grease for gravy and flavoring in green beans, greens, cornbread, peas or anything you cook where you would have normally used butter.

Back
Top Bottom