"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > I only have "these" ingredients...help me be creative

Old 12-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #11
Head Chef

If you have a dehydrator, slice them thinner, marinate them for awhile, and make some beef jerky.

Or use them in a stir fry with a package of veggies from the store.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

Cocktail Party Phila

Hi TJ,

Beef Satey is always a great way to utilize sirloin. Most asian grocer's will have a Satay mainade mix but you can always make your own. 30 min in the marinade, you are ready to place the strips on a skewer and grill to perfection. A dipping sauce made from coconut milk and nuts adds to the dish. Good luck!

Old 02-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGoSurf View Post

This was tonights, I don't have an outdoor grill. And I used to cook in a semi, so cooking in a kitchen I can do some decent things.

can't see pictures, why?
Old 02-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerd View Post
If you have a dehydrator, slice them thinner, marinate them for awhile, and make some beef jerky.

Or use them in a stir fry with a package of veggies from the store.
I have an Idea about beef too . this is very delicious it is beef steak .

In a glass mixing bowl, mix kalamansi or lemon juice and soy sauce. Add beef, garlic and ground pepper. Mix well. Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Heat a heavy skillet. Add oil. Lightly fry the onion rings. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
Reheat oil until smoking. Pan-fry the beef slices in batches, removing them as they brown. When all the beef has been cooked, pour the marinade into the skillet and boil for 1 minute. Arrange beef slices on a plate. Place the onion rings on top. Pour the sauce over the onions and beef. Serve at once.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

Marinate in teriyaki sauce and Kabob. Cut strips instead of a stew meat cut and slice strips against the grain. I'll even come over and help you eat them... anytime :) I have a marinade that has orange and pineapple juice with teriyaki and a little honey and diced green onions that people fight over who gets the last one.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

forget the kabobs... lets go crazy and do something nice

Thinking a bit more about this, why not do soimething really yummy. How about Beef Bourguignon or Beef Montparnasse. If you use a Pressure Cooker I have the recipes --- if not a net search will find what you need to know.