Another option could be beef strogonoff. This is a recipe I use with some of the teenagers I teach cooking to:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium-sized onion
150g pack small chestnut mushrooms,
1 clove garlic
600g beef steak – suitable for frying (rump is best)
100 ml white wine
125g sour cream
1 rounded tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh tarragon, plus extra to garnish
˝ teaspoon paprika
Salt and ground black pepper
1 tbs corn flour
1.Peel and slice the onion, and halve the mushrooms, peel and chop the garlic.
2. Trim excess fat from the steak and slice into 2cm strips.
3.Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté the onion, mushrooms and garlic until soft and starting to brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a bowl or plate.
4. Add the rest of oil and paprika. When hot add the beef stirring occasionally to colour the meat. Season with salt and pepper and add to mushroom mixture, leaving any juices in the pan
5. Add the wine or water to the pan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes to reduce, and then add the yogurt mixed with corn flour and cook or a further minute,
6. Add a little water if the mixture is too thick, then add the beef and mushroom mixture, the tarragon
7. garnish with chopped tarragon leaves and serve, if you like, with tagliatelle tossed in olive oil.