Beef strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TJGoSurf

Assistant Cook
I got some beef strips, not like NY strip, but lets say fajitas size, what can I do with these? I was cutting up some meat and the first hunk I had was awesome, one solid piece I ended up making 8 top sirloin steaks out of them. But this one when I cut open the package it was 4 hunks made to look like one piece. And please dont say the obvious answer of fajitas.

TJ

Mongolian Beef

Ingredients:

1 pound Flank steak, sliced thin
peanut oil for frying
1 small onion or shallot, sliced thin
4 oz snow peas
4 oz scallion, green part only
4 oz button mushrooms
2 cloves finely minced garlic

Coating:

1 Egg white
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cornstarch

Sauce:

1 tsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Turbinado Sugar
1 tsp chili sauce
2 Tbs rice wine
2 Tbs Hoisin sauce
2 Tbs soy sauce
1/4 cup beef stock

Combine sauce ingredients and set aside. Combine egg white, salt and cornstarch, add meat, and mix well to coat. Heat 2 Tbs oil in wok over high heat, stir fry meat until just cooked through, and remove from wok. Add additional Tbs peanut oil to wok and stir fry onion or shallot, and snow peas, and for 1 minute. Add green onion, mushrooms and garlic and continue stir-frying until mushrooms are tender. Add sauce to vegetables and heat until sauce has thickened. Add meat and stir until heated through. Thinly slice white part of scallion to use as garnish.

Last edited:
^ Sounds good. I will try it. Here are some pics from the last hunk I cut up. Sadly the ones with the strip didn't turn out so well:

img_521459_0_e907b326797e4bdb37a73c9d3adc0b1c.jpg

img_521459_1_a9b5db2409b7a2bf9c98f11dbdc3102c.jpg

I did that last minute and on a George Foreman grill, the guy who ate it said it was the best steak he had ever had. Thus the reason for the low lighting it was as long as I could get it away from him.

That's the best looking piece of meat I ever saw come off of one of those GF grills. Good job.

img_521488_0_63aed5a77385557942a8cc1065ea1dc4.jpg

img_521488_1_d09a19c26c11088e3cd74b8f3609d9f5.jpg

This was tonights, I don't have an outdoor grill. And I used to cook in a semi, so cooking in a kitchen I can do some decent things.

Another option could be beef strogonoff. This is a recipe I use with some of the teenagers I teach cooking to:

Beef Stroganoff​

Ingredients

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium-sized onion
150g pack small chestnut mushrooms,
1 clove garlic
600g beef steak – suitable for frying (rump is best)
100 ml white wine
125g sour cream
1 rounded tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh tarragon, plus extra to garnish
½ teaspoon paprika
Salt and ground black pepper
1 tbs corn flour

Method,
1.Peel and slice the onion, and halve the mushrooms, peel and chop the garlic.
2. Trim excess fat from the steak and slice into 2cm strips.
3.Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté the onion, mushrooms and garlic until soft and starting to brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a bowl or plate.
4. Add the rest of oil and paprika. When hot add the beef stirring occasionally to colour the meat. Season with salt and pepper and add to mushroom mixture, leaving any juices in the pan
5. Add the wine or water to the pan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes to reduce, and then add the yogurt mixed with corn flour and cook or a further minute,
6. Add a little water if the mixture is too thick, then add the beef and mushroom mixture, the tarragon
7. garnish with chopped tarragon leaves and serve, if you like, with tagliatelle tossed in olive oil.

Last edited:
If you have a dehydrator, slice them thinner, marinate them for awhile, and make some beef jerky.

Or use them in a stir fry with a package of veggies from the store.

Cocktail Party Phila

Hi TJ,

Beef Satey is always a great way to utilize sirloin. Most asian grocer's will have a Satay mainade mix but you can always make your own. 30 min in the marinade, you are ready to place the strips on a skewer and grill to perfection. A dipping sauce made from coconut milk and nuts adds to the dish. Good luck! :chef:

If you have a dehydrator, slice them thinner, marinate them for awhile, and make some beef jerky.

Or use them in a stir fry with a package of veggies from the store.

I have an Idea about beef too . this is very delicious it is beef steak .

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In a glass mixing bowl, mix kalamansi or lemon juice and soy sauce. Add beef, garlic and ground pepper. Mix well. Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.[/FONT]
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heat a heavy skillet. Add oil. Lightly fry the onion rings. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Keep warm.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Reheat oil until smoking. Pan-fry the beef slices in batches, removing them as they brown. When all the beef has been cooked, pour the marinade into the skillet and boil for 1 minute. Arrange beef slices on a plate. Place the onion rings on top. Pour the sauce over the onions and beef. Serve at once. [/FONT]

Marinate in teriyaki sauce and Kabob. Cut strips instead of a stew meat cut and slice strips against the grain. I'll even come over and help you eat them... anytime :) I have a marinade that has orange and pineapple juice with teriyaki and a little honey and diced green onions that people fight over who gets the last one.

forget the kabobs... lets go crazy and do something nice

Thinking a bit more about this, why not do soimething really yummy. How about Beef Bourguignon or Beef Montparnasse. If you use a Pressure Cooker I have the recipes --- if not a net search will find what you need to know.

Back
Top Bottom