Bow Tie Pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GiddyUpGo

Assistant Cook
After cleaning out my pantry yesterday I discovered quite an appalling quantity of bow-tie pasta and was hoping someone might have some ideas for how to use it.

I also have some asparagus that needs to be used up and plenty of frozen chicken breasts. I own pretty much every spice and condiment ever invented (well the common ones anyway) so I have a lot of seasoning options. I'm sure I could find something on Allrecipes.com but I thought it would be fun to get some ideas from the masses.

Thanks in advance!
Becki

When I think of bow-tie pasta I think of Kasha Varnishka.

A combination of bow-ties, asparagus and chicken breast tossed in some garlic and oil or butter would not be bad.

You could also check out the Alfredo thread and make a renegade version with these ingredients.

Last edited:
My mom always used bowtie pasta when she made her version of ragu. She basically used leftover beef, cut it up in cubes, fried it with onions and then added some beef stock. She then, let that reduce and threw some cooked bowtie pasta in let that simmer for another minute or two. It was comfort food at its best.

Definitely comfort food. I'd probably make something like a cold salad with bow tie pasta, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, bite size pieces of grilled chicken breast, chiffonade basil, green onions, and a couple of cloves of finely minced garlic. Then I'd toss the whole thing with a red wine vinaigrette.

Last edited:
When I think of bow-tie pasta I think of Kasha Varnishka.

A combination of bow-ties, asparagus and chicken breast tossed in some garlic and oil or butter would not be bad.

You could also check out the Alfredo thread and make a renegade version with these ingredients.

Could not have said better myself. My thoughts exactly.

In the end, it is just pasta and can be used pretty much as many other pastas. Don't tell Italians I said that.

In the end, it is just pasta and can be used pretty much as many other pastas. Don't tell Italians I said that.

There are three rules in life:

1) Do not mix peanut butter with mint.

2) Never get involved in a land war in South East Asia.

3) Don't tell an Italian how to cook. Just don't.

I am positive there must be at least few Italians that do not know how to cook, but during my half a year or so in Italy all the Italians I've met cooked, and cooked realy well at that. So you might just have a point there.

Hi Giddyup.........love your name!;)

I recently made this bow tie pasta dish recently, and it's really one of the best casseroles I've ever made. Lowrd knows I've made a gazillion casseroles.
:chef:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/italian-flag-casserole-77300.html

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I went with Kayelle's suggestion for the Italian Flag Casserole because I actually had quite a few of the ingredients in my overstock cupboard and my goal for this meal was to use up some overstock. I had to use fresh spinach and I subbed asparagus for the artichokes since I had some of that that needed to be used up too. Baking right now! Thanks again!!

Becki

Back
Top Bottom