Brown Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
I need something QUICK to make with brown rice for dinner. I am out of ideas! I'm making whipped potatoes with chives, chicken with honey mustard, and rice with?? :)

If theres an easy cream of mushroom soup dish I can make quickly with brown rice please let me know! Or even cream of chicken, but mushroom is preferred.

Without too many ingredients please, I don't have any fresh veggies (we need to go shopping).

Thank you!! (he is getting grumpy...without food in his bellay!)

Yep.. like I said, we need to go shopping :(

I can't seem to find much, so I think I'm just going to put some stuffing on the side. I wish we had veggies soo bad.. I love making and eating fresh vegetables and I do them with every meal.. but we had company over this week for dinner and we spent more than our budget on food...

What can I say, we are a young couple and money doesn't grow on trees (yet) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I know how that goes!
When you have a few extra dollars, get a few bags of frozen veggies just to keep in the freezer. They are great in a pinch!

Green Onions

Toss some chives in with the rice, maybe cilantro if you can get that. :chef:

We usually do have some frozen veggies in the freezer but we need to do some grocery shopping, just no time!

I am not a fan of cilantro (tastes like soap to me). We didn't have any fresh ingredients, Pugger.

I need something QUICK to make with brown rice for dinner. I am out of ideas! I'm making whipped potatoes with chives, chicken with honey mustard, and rice with?? :)

If theres an easy cream of mushroom soup dish I can make quickly with brown rice please let me know! Or even cream of chicken, but mushroom is preferred.

Without too many ingredients please, I don't have any fresh veggies (we need to go shopping).

Thank you!! (he is getting grumpy...without food in his bellay!)

Stir fry Mushroom, Spinach (or any of your favorite), ginger. This goes along with brown rice. Or seafood soup also nice with brown rice. :chef:

Par-cooking the rice and then adding watered down cream of mushroom soup to cook it the rest of the way is tasty. It adds flavor to the rice so it can be a side dish to the chicken and potatoes.

Boil the brown rice for a bit too long. Put it in a blender with a spoonful of water and blitz it to a pulpy mess.
Heat an oiled tart tray in the oven (about 200*C).
Cook blobs of the rice in the oven for 20 mins or so. They should puff up nicely. Cut and half and spoon in a little little bit of jam. Eat hot and jammy with sticky fingers.
Order a pizza as this isn't really a main meal!

(sorry that was no help at al really)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom