Cheeses, etcetera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
St. Andre, La Eur, also 2 truffle butters, plus truffle/pumpkinseed/walnut/macadamia/sesameoils.
& silken tofu. some unnamed gal (me) cooked miso soup, didn't consume that soup, & now there's like 3/4 of that tofu.:glare:
my cupboards overflow, then i don't cook with half my ingredients.

i've lotsa food & i want to make a meal before that food is rancid!!

Last edited:
you can use the miso soup as a poaching liquid or condense it down as a sauce -always assuming you don't just serve it after each meal.

Tofu you can use in a stirfry with veges and your choice of Asian sauces - oyster, teriyaki, chilli, satay, honey soy and garlic, etc. You can deep fry it and make agedashi tofu which I think uses miso soup as the dipping sauce from memory. Crumb the tofu. Marinate the tofu cubes and add to a salad. Do tofu and vege kebabs.

Oils go off, so depends how long you have had them, whether they have been opened and how you have stored them as to whether you should even bother keeping them. If the oils are any good, you can add any of the nut flavours to stirfries or soups, mix in with you cooking oil of choice for an added flavour. Truffle oil can be used as a salad dressing.

Truffle butters can be mixed through mashed potato for a bit of a difference.

Not familiar with the first two items, although I assume them to be cheeses. If so, fondues, souffles, quiches - so very much depends on what type they are. A blue could be served over a steak. A creamy cheese, like a brie, could be stuffed into a chicken breast or into a rissole. A cheddar - well so many options!

Hi Luvs,

The only thing I use the silken tofu is for adding texture to clear broth soups. Cube it. Its the kinda thing that its either you like it or don't like it. Sesame oil - I use a drop or two in the marinade when I stir fry either beef, chicken, or pork (slice raw meat should fill 1 rice bowl). A small amount goes a long way. I still have my bottle going on 3 years. When ever I use sesame oil in larger quantities, I use it to make a marinade for Korean BBQ short ribs/chicken. My sister-in-law makes a cold pasta with it. With the nuts you could make brittle candy with them. Macadamia/walnuts are good in baking cookies, cakes, or bread. If you like lemon bars try adding chopped macadamia to the actual cookie base. You could also use the nuts and seed for granola/trail mix. I don't use the other stuff and don't know what they taste like so I can't help you there. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom