Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another quick recipe using steamed or cooked chicken breast meat is to add some to a couple of packages of Ramen soup. Most kids like the noodles and you can jazz it up with all kinds of additions depending on your family's tastes. Just add water to whatever the directions say. I also like to add some frozen veggies to mine and finely chopped tomatos and dried mushroom and fresh bean sprouts as well. At the very end I like to add a beaten egg and stir it in with chopsticks which thickens up the soup and adds flavor but all of this is of course optional.

You're brave to take over in the kitchen at 14! I'm impressed!

Chicken breast is the meat that I always keep on hand and when I don't know what to make for dinner, I fall back on that. Alot of times, I simply thaw it in the microwave, sprinkle salt and pepper and poultry seasoning on it, fry it in oil or butter for a few minutes on each side, then we eat it with b-b-que sauce. We love it like that!

This is kinda off the chicken subject, but another thing that can be a big help (assuming you'd be interested in more ideas for meals) is those refrigerated popable cans of crescent rolls, French bread, etc. I use those so much to round out a meal!

If you want some easy dishes, you could check out some of those...gulp.... microwave recipes. They may not be the tastiest meal, but they are easy and you won't make too much of a mess. lol

Other than that, quick and easy stir-fry's would have been my choice at 14. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces so they cook fast. You can add it to salads or pastas, or make a casserole.

EDIT: Speaking of casserole, ther's some real nice ones here that use canned soup. Quick and easy.

Last edited:
I'm a teenager also who's been cooking alot lately and I have found that chicken parmesan is always a hit. The prep time isn't too long, and all of the ingredients are pretty cheap. For the most part, the recipes are the same but some of the recommended one are good. The cooking time will be the longest so make sure you look at the cooking time beforehand. Good luck!

I think the easiest way to cook chicken is the "deep-fry" way. :LOL:

You can have the chicken breast marinated and stuff. I've tried cutting the meat into strips and dipping it into eggs and breadcrumbs and then frying it. Easy but still delicious. I sometimes accompany this dish with tartar dip for sauce.

Back
Top Bottom