Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missielover

Assistant Cook
So I am a teenager. I like to cook but latily due to family things I have had to start cooking alot of nights and it is really tireing. I was wondering if any one had a ummy meal that does not take a long time and the main meat is chicken (boneless skinless chicken brest). I can go to the store to get extra things.

~Mary LiZZ~

Last edited:
How about a chicken stroganoff? The recipe I use takes about 15 mins and could easily substitute chicken strips for beef. I never use beef anyway as I prefer veal stroganoff. Start by cutting the breast meat into strips and placing into a plastic bag (a freezer bag is good) with enough flour to coat the strips. Shake to coat. Pan fry diced onion and garlic in some oil, then add the chicken strips (just shake off excess flour before adding). You want the pan hot so that you brown the strips but not over cook. Add sliced mushrooms. Add dried parsley, dried chives, salt and pepper, and a very good blob of tomato paste. Stir to mix through. Add enough sour cream to make the sauce, mixing to combine. You may need to add more tomato paste or seasoning. Serve over cooked fettucine.

A chicken stirfry is also very quick and you can use a selection of vegetables that will satisfy your sister as well! You can spice it up or down or even changes countries with just a different sauce!

So I am a teenager. I like to cook but latily due to family things I have had to start cooking alot of nights and it is really tireing. I was wondering if any one had a ummy meal that does not take a long time and the main meat is chicken (boneless skinless chicken brest). I can go to the store to get extra things.

~Mary LiZZ~

Sure--do you have a George Foreman grill. If not---buy one.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, seasoned salt, what ever you like. Turn on the GF grill. When it reaches temperature, put the chicken in and close the lid. In a few minutes you will have a nice grilled chicken.

Serve it on a bun, on rice, on a salad... what ever. Pretty tasty and cleanup is very simple.

I love my GF grill. It makes great burgers!!

My grand kids love these and it's pretty easy and tasty..I lightly brown some chicken drumsticks. let them cool and then put in a baking dish and coat them with a mix of apricot jam and orange juice..Sprinkle with coconut and bake at 375 til done about 15-20 min...If in a hurry just put the chicken in the baking tin raw and bake at same temp about 40 min or til golden brown..Give them some rice and they like to put the apricot oj mix left in the pan over the rice...You could add more of it if you want more sauce ..
Another good one is to mix some breadcrumbs with either chopped cashews or peanuts a little corriander dip the drumsticks in a beaten egg then into the breadcrumb,nut corriander mix and bake at 350 for 30 min
kadesma:cool:

Chef Caine's Cashew Chicken

4 chicken breasts, pounded thin
1/2 pkg Mee Krob or bihon (rice noodles)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup peanut oil
1/4 cup oyster sauce
2 Tbs brown sugar
2 tsp white pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced onion
1 tsp crushed chili peppers
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp salt
1Tbs corn starch dissolved in 2 Tbs water

1 cup flour
2 eggs beaten with 1/4 cup milk
1-1/2 cups finely crushed cashews

1 bunch scallions
1 mango, shredded
1 red bell pepper, julienned

Combine orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut oil, oyster sauce, brown sugar, white pepper, garlic, onion, chili peppers, minced ginger, and salt in bowl and marinate pounded chicken breasts for 2 hours. Remove chicken breasts from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Reserve marinade.

Place rice noodles in strainer inside bowl and fill bowl with boiling water. Pour marinade into pot, add cornstarch mixture, and heat in saucepan until thickened.. Dredge chicken in flour, egg mixture, then crushed cashews. Fry coated chicken in 4 Tbs peanut oil until done, turning once. Remove strainer from bowl to drain noodles, then divide on 4 individual plates. Place one chicken breast on each bed of rice noodles. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with mango, scallion, and bell pepper. Serve with stir-fried mixed vegetables, such as broccoli florets, baby carrots, and Chinese pea pods.

TIP: Add a few drops of sesame oil to the stir-fried vegetables just before they are finished cooking.

~Mary LiZZ~

Sure do. It's called "Chicken Marsala".

1-Salt pepper both sides.

2-Put in a pan of Olive Oil, half way heat.

3-Sear both sides

4-Lower flame.

5-Put 2 table spoons of butter on top of the chicken.

6-Rub and melt the butter half way through the chicken breast, then flip and do the same to the other side.

7-When the chciken is flake like, but still a little pink, take it out of the pan.

8-Get someSakichi and Portabella mushrooms together, and fry them in the Olive oil and butter mix. They are done when they turn brown.

9-Get some Marsala cooking wine and half a can of chicken stock, and add them to the pan.

10-Put the chicken back in the pan and add Rosmary.

By the time your Penne Pasta is cooked, your Chicken Marsala is done also. Use the Marsala sauce for your pasta as well, and eat them together.

Good luck. It's nice to see a teenager cook. I have a 14 year old daughter, and all she cooks is bagels from the toaster.

Sure do. It's called "Chicken Marsala".

1-Salt pepper both sides.

2-Put in a pan of Olive Oil, half way heat.

3-Sear both sides

4-Lower flame.

5-Put 2 table spoons of butter on top of the chicken.

6-Rub and melt the butter half way through the chicken breast, then flip and do the same to the other side.

7-When the chciken is flake like, but still a little pink, take it out of the pan.

8-Get someSakichi and Portabella mushrooms together, and fry them in the Olive oil and butter mix. They are done when they turn brown.

9-Get some Marsala cooking wine and half a can of chicken stock, and add them to the pan.

10-Put the chicken back in the pan and add Rosmary.

By the time your Penne Pasta is cooked, your Chicken Marsala is done also. Use the Marsala sauce for your pasta as well, and eat them together.

Good luck. It's nice to see a teenager cook. I have a 14 year old daughter, and all she cooks is bagels from the toaster.

I am 14 also. :) and thank all of yall for your sugestions. I wish I could use them all tonight!

Welcome to DC :)

Hope this is helpful. And I hope your family likes Italian ;) I seem to have ended up with a lot of Italian recipes here.

Last edited:
I'm not that amazing nor experienced of a cook myself. Here are some things I've made (either turned out great or awful):
- Chicken w/ pasta sauce
- Grilled chicken w/ caesar salad
- Chicken cut up with stir fry
- Chicken wings/drumsticks
- Chicken soup
All of those have other plates with them, not just chicken + ____. I try to keep things simple mainly because when I go fancier, the food gets worse.

Lemon Chicken Pasta (easy easy)

Ingredients: chicken breast, lemon juice, coarse oregano leaves, finely shredded mozza, whole wheat bowtie or rotini pasta.

Brown chopped up chicken breast in a pan. Add pasta and generous lemon juice. Stir until chicken and pasta mixed. Lemon juice will help pasta picked up browned bits from bottom of pan (deglaze). Toss with coarse oregano and shredded mozza. Serve once cheese has melted. Can be served right from the pan if you don't want to dirty more dishes.

This is something I make when I'm low on ideas but have boneless chicken and pasta.
Heat some oil add tons of chopped garlic, followed by chicken (cut into cubes). Start boiling water for pasta on the side. Remove the chicken once its cooked. In the same pan, add some more chopped garlic, followed by what ever vegetable you have at hand. I've used onion, zucchini, peppers, asparagus, broccoli. When the veggies are crunchy cooked add the cooked chicken, some cream or milk, some cheese (asiago or romano) and cooked pasta with salt and pepper, toss everything and serve.

Yeah, I would definitely recommend a Marsala, Piccata, or other saute. Quick and delicious.

I have taken to using a classical poulet saute when serving a whole chicken to 3-4 people rather than roasting, as I think it's both more fun and it definitely takes less time.

Here's a quick and easy one. It takes about 15 minutes. I crave it for the garlic and lime. Serve it with baked potatoes cooked in the microwave and you have a quick, easy meal:

Pepper Lime Chicken--Better Homes cookbook, with my alterations

2-2 1/2lbs chicken pieces
grated peel of 1 lime
2 juiced limes
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 or 3 cloves garlic
1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
1 tsp dried basil (It's really good w/fresh basil)
1/4 tsp salt

Cook chicken however you like it, I prefer to broil it. Brush on sauce in last 5 minutes and cook. It would probably work as a marinade as well.

Meanwhile stir together lime peel, lime juice oil, garlic, pepper, basil, and salt. Brush on chicken when it is almost done, and again after. I brush on TONS of it. YUM!

here is a quick easy recipe that you can use that is very quick and hard to mess up... all you need is:

- boneless skinless chicken thighs (you can buy these in the supermarket and its cheaper then breast. its also more flavor and is less likely to dry out as its dark meat)
- small ziplock sandwich bags

for the sauce
- plain yogurt
- curry spice
- cilantro

1) bring a pot of water to a low simmer
2) place thighs in individual sandwich bags, try and get the air out
3) place bags of chicken in the simmering water for 9 or 10 minutes
4) mix the chopped cilantro, 2/3 cup of yogurt, and 1 tablespoon of curry spice together well.
5) slice the chicken into pieces, and toss with the sauce
6) serve over rice

takes 15 minutes tops. and you can substitute your favorite sauce if you dont liek this one.

I know this thread is a couple days old, but I would like to add one thing that my own girls (13 and 16) enjoy. We call it Chicken Bearnaise ~

Season and cook chicken to your liking (marinate and grill, dust in flour and pan fry, etc.)
Prepare Uncle Ben's Long Grain/Wild Rice FAST COOK RECIPE to box directions
Prepare Knorr Bearnaise sauce to package directions (we use 1% milk and real butter)

Now if you have more time or budget (and don't mind extra fat/calories) feel free to make the sauce from scratch with clarified butter and egg yolks. Also feel free to use Hollandaise or a simple white sauce if you like. I tend to spike the packaged sauce with a splash of white wine, lemon or champagne vinegar, but don't do that without adult approval.

Good job looking for ideas, your parents must be proud and appreciate the help!

Serve along with a nice salad or vegetable and fruit.

My girls and DH really like this one, and it's something they can all handle.

This recipe is super easy. Not very healthy, but easy and quick and pretty tasty.

Dredge chicken breasts in butter. Coat in crushed up Cheez It's. Bake in 325 degree oven for one hour.

~Mary LiZZ~
Wow, Missielover, you must be a godsend to your family. May I adopt you? :LOL: Wecome to DC and much has already been said. Sometimes just plain chicken salad (steamed chicken breasts, cut up, add some mayo so it sticks together, (hardboiled egg if you like, sweet pickle relish, chopped celery, and chopped onion, with some salt and pepper & poultry seasoning which is optional (if you have picky younger siblings you might want to skip the onion but you can always add onion powder to flavor, and serve over tomato halves resting on lettuce leaves or on some nice bread. Add some steamed veggies on the side and you have a nice easy dish that's nutritious. Some chips are always welcomed by the young crowd.

Back
Top Bottom