Chicken Breast, Zucchini, Capacolla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerseyjay14

Senior Cook
ok, gotta make dinner tonite and looking for some ideas... i have the following to use... any ideas using any/all ingredients would be welcome

chicken breast
2 medium sized zucchini
marinated sundried tomatoes
Carrots
red onion
yellow onion
1 green bell pepper
1/4 lbs of hot capacolla
varius cheeses

Hi JerseyJay14,
I`m having a cooking idea as I write this.

How about - slice the chicken breast to create a pocket. i.e., not all the way through. Stuff with a mixture of finely diced sundried tomatoes mixed with grated cheese (cheddar type, blue, Swiss) and a smidgen of smooth dijon mustard. Press the cut edges of the chicken together firmly. These will then be sauteed and then finished off in the oven.

Finely dice and saute off the green pepper and red onion. Put aside.

Zucchini - grate to give Zucchini spaghetti.

Potatoes - yes I know they are not on the list but just bear with me - make up some mashed potatoes and add the onion and peppers- keep warm.

Zuchini - bring some water to the boil, add the zucchini, cook, 2 minutes should be enough, drain and dress with lots of olive oil and finely sliced basil, salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Place a portion of mash in the centre of the plate, cut the chicken into 2 pieces and place on the mash to show the inside of the chicken. Place 3 mounds of the zucchini "spaghetti" on the plate at 9 o`clock, 12 o`clock and 3 o`clock. Spoon the remaining olive oil and basil dressing over the chicken and around the plate.

Of course, you could serve the chicken on a puree of carrot but it will need to be dried off well to take the weight of the chicken. Frankly, I would use the carrots to make a soup - say carrot and coriander, carrot and ginger, carrot soup garnished with sour cream and chopped chives.

By the way - what did you cook?
All the best,
Archiduc

Hi JerseyJay14,
I`m having a cooking idea as I write this.

How about - slice the chicken breast to create a pocket. i.e., not all the way through. Stuff with a mixture of finely diced sundried tomatoes mixed with grated cheese (cheddar type, blue, Swiss) and a smidgen of smooth dijon mustard. Press the cut edges of the chicken together firmly. These will then be sauteed and then finished off in the oven.
thanks for the idea.... i did something similar with the chicken.... i cut a pocket as you suggest. i then made a puree in the blender out of the sundried tomatoes, green peppers and some chilli powder. i stuffed the breast and baked it in the oven...
By the way - what did you cook?
All the best,
Archiduc

with the rest of the veggies i made these:

img_534762_0_d6bb6d6a8eff5ed775dc5bbbf7f45bf9.jpg

they turned out really well. i found some endive and decided to make salad in endive leaves. a spoon of cottage chese and then i marinated the capacolla, red onions, and carrot slices in oil and vinegar. i then sauteed the zucchini and a small yellow squash in olive oil and chilled for a few hours. then assembled the salad... it came out very well, it was like a an antipasto type salad flavor. the capacolla, onion, oil and vinegar really shined here.

Another idea saute up the chicken. Layer some capacola on top and then some cheese.

Saute zucchini, onion, pepper and sundried tomatoes.

Heat the chicken, capacola, and cheese until the cheese is melted. Put the veggie mixture on top and maybe sprinkle with some Parmesan.

Back
Top Bottom