Chicken Hearts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superchef69

Assistant Cook
Found some chicken hearts in the freezer. Used to be a family treat when baked with a chicken or turkey heart in a turkey. Any other great suggestions as to making these great without using a chicken? Please help!!

I love frying them up with teriyaki sauce, garlic and ginger and eating as a snack!

I'm only a fan of the livers, so the heart & gizzards always get cooked up & diced for the cats &/or dogs. They love them!

They might be good dipped into a batter, or crumb coating, and deep fried. Kind of like Rocky Mt. Oysters.

Oh - they also (along with livers & gizzards) do make an absolutely fabulous "Dirty Rice". There are lots of variations for this, so just look around & pick one that appeals to you.

Oh - they also (along with livers & gizzards) do make an absolutely fabulous "Dirty Rice". There are lots of variations for this, so just look around & pick one that appeals to you.

Hmmmm never thought to use them in dirty rice Breezy, just might have to indulge in that sometime...

Hmmmm never thought to use them in dirty rice Breezy, just might have to indulge in that sometime...
I'm pretty brave and will try anything once, but hearts? ACK EWWWW in other words not that brave:LOL:
kades

I'm pretty brave and will try anything once, but hearts? ACK EWWWW in other words not that brave:LOL:
kades

Oh stop Kades, do you eat liver, if you do hearts are a walk in the park compared to liver... Try it you'll like it... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Kades - While I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a whole package of them on purpose like I do chicken livers, hearts (& gizzards) really are not bad at all. Next time you buy a whole chicken that includes the giblets package (which seems to be a rare thing these days), just find the heart (a tiny little thing, really) & cook it up & try it. Nothing really special, but nothing bad either.

Kades - While I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a whole package of them on purpose like I do chicken livers, hearts (& gizzards) really are not bad at all. Next time you buy a whole chicken that includes the giblets package (which seems to be a rare thing these days), just find the heart (a tiny little thing, really) & cook it up & try it. Nothing really special, but nothing bad either.
I love the giblets and the kiver si If i find a packet of them I give the heart a try.
Heck if can down Boroldi(blood sausage) I can brave a heart.
kades

While I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a whole package of them on purpose like I do chicken livers, hearts (& gizzards) really are not bad at all.

I DO go out of my way to buy these, I like them that much. DH hates them, all the more for me!:pig:

Back
Top Bottom