Chicken Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennifer75

Senior Cook
I've got a decent amount of stock from boiling chicken the other day. I've frozen it, what can I make with it?

How many times can it be thawed and re-frozen? If there's no harm in refreezing, I'd like to use it next time I make Spanish rice instead of plain water.

Tonight I'll be making chicken and rice...would it be overkill to use it in the yellow rice mixture?

You can refreeze it several times. Bring it to a boil each time before using it or refreezing it.

The yellow rice mix has seasonings in it that include flavoring in place of the stock so you wouldn't notice a great difference.

Save the stock for soup, stew or rice dishes from scratch.

Next time you make stock, freeze it in portion sized containers. One or two cups for recipes, ice cube trays for sauces, quart sized Ziplocks for soups and stews.

Save the stock for soup, stew or rice dishes from scratch.

Next time you make stock, freeze it in portion sized containers. One or two cups for recipes, ice cube trays for sauces, quart sized Ziplocks for soups and stews.

Fabulous idea. I'll use some in my next batch of Spanish rice. Great tip on storing the stock. I shouldathoughtit. ;)

Back
Top Bottom