Corn, Fresh Frozen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miss Beth I make it most often with no meats, seafood etc. It's great just as a plain corn dish!

I also thought of this...Cook your corn in a pan with a little butter/oil and water until just tender....Sprinkle on maybe a tablespoon of Dry Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix...Give it a stir and taste...Add more of the mix to suit your taste. (I would like more) When you get it like you like it...Salt if needed...Then I like lots of fresh ground black pepper. We call it Ranch Corn around here. It makes a delish side.....With BBQ goat????:ermm: Yum!!

Corn Salad.

There's a bazillion recipes.

2485613758_4d58e4945e.jpg

Corn_and_Green_Chili_Salad.jpg

corn-salad-ck-223498-l.jpg

This is an ongoing issue with me. We grow and freeze way too much corn for us to reasonably use. I find myself not using it because we have frozen hundreds of one quart bags over the years and I simply am out of ideas of how to prepare it.

What would you do with one quart of corn, please;)

I don't mean this to be a wise crack but if this is a constant problem, could you grow less?

I was going to mention Maque Choux, but UB beat me to it!

How about a pan-roasted corn salsa? Just saute the corn in some clarified butter over high heat until it starts to caramelize. Remove, and mix with diced tomatoes, diced red onions, diced jalapenos, etc.

I don't mean this to be a wise crack but if this is a constant problem, could you grow less?

LOL the short answer to this is.....

dh.

he has this thing about successfully raising sweet corn.

About 4 years ago I said we will not grow ANY sweet corn that year, and we didn't, and we have grown half the amount since then, than we used to grow. We used to make two plantings, one early and one late, both plantings were four 80 foot rows. Now we only have one planting of four 80 foot rows, although this year I did notice he planted 5 rows, not 4.:wacko:

Also, you need to plant corn plants at least 4 plants across, to help with pollinating the kernels. So since the garden rows are 80 feet long and I guess it is impossible to plant four 40 foot rows:LOL:, we end up with way more corn than we need.

I was going to mention Maque Choux, but UB beat me to it!

How about a pan-roasted corn salsa? Just saute the corn in some clarified butter over high heat until it starts to caramelize. Remove, and mix with diced tomatoes, diced red onions, diced jalapenos, etc.

I making two dishes for Thanksgiving that I have never made before, the Maque Choux, and a black eyed pea salad.

great ideas folks, especially anything with butter, tis a natural with corn

How about spicy corn? My favorite...

1 can whole kernel corn (well drained)
3 T mayo (can play with this a bit)
1/2 t cayenne (or to taste - I like spicy)
1/4 c parmesan (optional)

Mix all ingredients and nuke in microwave 2 minutes. Done. :chef::rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom