Dessert. Fruit. Bake. Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennifer75

Senior Cook
I know it's do-able...

I've got a couple of large ripe pears, and some black berries... I'd like to half the pears and bake them with some sort of blackberry mixture in the center... what could I use to make this work? I've got to make this tonight...or the pears will go bad. I've got brown sugar and maple panake syrup, what can I do with them?

I know it's do-able...

I've got a couple of large ripe pears, and some black berries... I'd like to half the pears and bake them with some sort of blackberry mixture in the center... what could I use to make this work? I've got to make this tonight...or the pears will go bad. I've got brown sugar and maple panake syrup, what can I do with them?
You might try this saute the halved pears in butter and brown sugar. Use enough so at the end you can fill the hollow of the pears with cold berries then top with the extra butter brown sugar and if you like top the whole thing with unsweetened whipped cream.
kadesma

What to cook.

You could use a recipe search engine. There are a few out there.

You could use a recipe search engine. There are a few out there.

The website is called "Discuss Cooking".

Recipe search engines don't really have nice conversations or offer a chance for social intercourse.

Welcome Jason, take a tour, it's a nice place.

I was thinking along the line that Robo was - but a galette instead of a tart ... but I have been brain-locked amd couldn't remember what it was called until tonight!

This one is apple and pecans ... but pears, blackberries, brown sugar, butter, maybe a little lemon zest or cinnamon ...

apple-galette-su-630050-l.jpg

I know it's do-able...

Poached pears in coffee..

Coffee.. strong, add sugar and boil down to create a sweet rich coffee base. lay the pear halves in the coffee mixture in a baking pan. Blackberries, simply lay in the center of the pears and sprinkly lightly with sugar. Place in a moderate oven and bake.. Have to this by eye. When the coffee mixure is reduced by 1/2 it is DEFINITELY done, probably over done...

Back
Top Bottom