Dinner tonight - must be healthy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeni78

Senior Cook
Had a late night with wine and chocolate...:cool: need to eat something low calorie and super healthy for dinner (on a big "D"). :ermm:

Chicken breast (thawing in the fridge right now)
Spinach (fresh)
Cherry Tomatoes
carrots (2)
onion
yellow squash

Ideas? Thank you!

I don't usually cook with meat, but last week I stuffed pork (chicken was too expensive lol) with pan fried squash, onion, and garlic. You could probably throw in some carrots too! My original idea was spinach but my friends don't like spinach :(

I would be tempted to roast all the veggies - pound out the chicken very thin, pan saute after floured, salted, peppered, cut in strips or in squares when done. Once the veggies are done, while still hot, toss with the spinach. When the chicken is done toss with everything else. If you have some whole wheat pasta shape toss in there and serve in one big bowl. Drizzle a bit of EVOO and add some kosher salt and pepper.

Stir fry the chicken (cut into strips) with the onions (sliced), squash (quartered if the little ones, or just slices otherwise) and carrots (julienned) in some garlic, ginger, soy and oyster sauces and just at the end toss the spinach through. Serve with rice or noodles or in lettuce cups. Save the tomatoes for another day.

chop carrots and onion, sweat together. sautee chix with squash and tomatoes, serve over bed of sauteed spinach, top with carrot and onion saute and side with the squash and tomatoes.

olive oil for sauteeing, white wine to deglaze and create a simple pan sauce. Salt pepper, chili flakes if you like a bit of heat, garlic in your spinach if you like, and thyme and parsley as your herbs of choice.

Why not trying to fry the chicken with olive oil then use the tomatoes, spinach, onions and add some gralic and tomato sauce for the sauce. I'm not an expert chef at all but this was what I thought. ;) Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom