Dumplings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
I have a box of flat dumplings in the freezer, and I have no idea what to use them in? Do any of you have recipes that include flat dumplings, other than chicken and dumplings

I believe flat dumplings are made from a dough that is rolled out and then cut into squares/rectangles.

I like rolled out dumplings! Especially the ones that get stuffed and steamed! Yum dim sum.

Last edited:
I like dumplings that you drop into the broth of whatever you are going to use them with.My mom made a great chicken fricasee. I can never duplicate it the way I remember hers tasting. She just made it, no recipe.

The dumplings my mom made were like drop cookies. She heaped a spoonful of batter and just dropped them into the broth. So Good.

many flat dumplings are like very thick tender noodles which cook in the broth, not on it, and taste mainly of the broth. Very traditional to the eastern shore of MD VA and DE, as well as a few other southern east coast areas.

Around here, flat dumplings are pretty much like big noodles--they just aren't dried. I grew up with the fluffy round dumplings (in cherries and dumplings) and was surprised at the flat ones when I moved here.

I believe she is probably talking about wonton wrappers? Used to make chinese dumplings.

I've used wonton wrappers to make eggrolls, both chinese and SW and in a pinch, pot stickers. However, the dough used for dim sum is entierly different. Pretty sure the OP is talking about a southern type drop biscuit/noodle.

Back
Top Bottom