Fresh bluberries and ricotta cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beth, this idea is from my South Beach Diet book. Makes one serving. If you are a skinny melink, use sugar instead of substitute.

Mix 1/2 cup ricotta with a little lemon zest, 1/4 teas vanilla and one packet of sugar substitute. Sprinkle with your blueberries (or mix in the berries) and chill.

Easy peasy and very good!

Lee

Beth, this idea is from my South Beach Diet book. Makes one serving. If you are a skinny melink, use sugar instead of substitute.

Mix 1/2 cup ricotta with a little lemon zest, 1/4 teas vanilla and one packet of sugar substitute. Sprinkle with your blueberries (or mix in the berries) and chill.

Lee

Yeah, Lee... I was going to say just spoon some ricotta into a bowl and top with the blueberries. ;):LOL:

Lee

I have the South Beach Diet book and I've made this several times. It is soooo delicious. Sometimes I make it with just lemon zest and vanill, sometimes I make it for dessert, other times it's my evening snack. I use whole milk ricotta instead of skim and I top ricotta with blueberries. I sweeten the blueberries with a little Splenda. Very low calorie and sooo very good. I have also used orange zest and a little o.j. squeezed into it then mix.

My first thought - make blintzes with blueberry topping. yum!

or, if you're daring, make a little dessert lasagna (make it in an 8x8 pan).

Definitely Blueberry cheesecake. Sweeten the ricotta, maybe blend with some cream cheese, graham cracker crust.

Blueberries in a pot, add a little water and some sugar, cook the berries down a bit, top the ricotta/cream cheese mixture....

Back
Top Bottom