Ground beef ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CWS4322 said:
Great that the BF got a better job--sorry that you have to stay behind, but that gives you more time to pack, sort, etc. It will be tough, I'm sure, for you to be on your own doing that stuff and away from the BF. But, this too shall pass.

Thanks :) I'm not thrilled about that part of it, but it's not the end of the world either.

Two of my favorites:

I brown two pounds of ground beef, add enopugh of my Grandma's spaghetti sauce to make it saucy but thick. Half of it I will serve on burger buns. I call them Sloppy Giuseppes. The other half I mix with cooked elobw macaroni to make home made beeferoni.

I'm a fan of meatballs. Stuff them with a cube of mozzarella and add spinach, egg, onion, breadcrumbs to the mix. If you don't want a tomato sauce, make a philly meatball sub (with green peppers, onions, and provolone), or a philly pizza. Go Greek, and make meatballs with yogurt/dill/cuke sauce, & serve in pita pockets with fresh diced tomatoes. Shape the beef around skewers & make armenian-style beef kabobs.

Couldn't think of the name before, but it's Keftedes.

This is tomato-based, but easy to put together in any quantity you like, & keep in the fridge in a d.o. when you're busy or don't have time to cook a big meal.

Put on a pot of water to boil for rotini pasta. Brown about 1 lb ground beef & chopped onions in a skillet or dutch oven, add Italian seasoning or garlic powder; drain the fat. Add in tomato sauce (& a tbl or so of tomato paste). Drain the pasta, and add the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese; stir to combine. Cover and cook until cheese melts. Serve with garlic bread.

I'm a fan of meatballs. Stuff them with a cube of mozzarella and add spinach, egg, onion, breadcrumbs to the mix. If you don't want a tomato sauce, make a philly meatball sub (with green peppers, onions, and provolone), or a philly pizza. Go Greek, and make meatballs with yogurt/dill/cuke sauce, & serve in pita pockets with fresh diced tomatoes. Shape the beef around skewers & make armenian-style beef kabobs.
Sounds really delicious! :)

buckytom said:
man, that sounds good, siegal. i'm going to have to try the eggs over meatballs and sauce.

how about some kofta/kefta kebabs? spiced ground beef grilled on a stick.

if you add some hair and a fly buzzes around it, you can call it kalkalosh, and serve it with crab juice...

j/k, kalkalosh is from an old simpsons episode.

but seriously, kofta kebabs are delicious with tastsiki.

i have a killer tsatsiki recipe if interested.

Still waiting for that recipe buckytom ;)

Shepherds Pie
Brown your beef, mix in chopped tomatoes, peas, carrots, green beans, any summer veg or what ever you have around. Thyme oregano salt and pepper. Put that mixture in the bottom of a glass or metal pan and then spread mash potatoes over the top and bake your favorite cheese over the top

Shepard's pie is great with meatloaf dinner leftovers. Crumbled meatloaf, veggie, and gravy topped with mashed potatoes, (and shredded cheese if you like). Layer in a casserole or loaf pan and bake 350° for half an hour.

Back
Top Bottom