Ground beef ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skittle68

Sous Chef
My bf and I are going to be moving 2 1/2 hrs away, so we would like to use up as much of the freezer stuff as we can. One of the things we have a lot of is ground beef. We are going to make burgers at our going away party, of course, but do you have any recipes that you really like? I already made lasagna, we had tater tot hot dish recently, and chili... Give me something new and not tomato based lol

I'm a fan of meatballs. Stuff them with a cube of mozzarella and add spinach, egg, onion, breadcrumbs to the mix. If you don't want a tomato sauce, make a philly meatball sub (with green peppers, onions, and provolone), or a philly pizza. Go Greek, and make meatballs with yogurt/dill/cuke sauce, & serve in pita pockets with fresh diced tomatoes. Shape the beef around skewers & make armenian-style beef kabobs.

Or...

Stuffed cabbage w/ whole cranberry sauce
Beirocks (sp)
Dumplings/won-tons

Not really a gourmet item by any means, but when my daughter visits me (teen) she loves this thing a I whip together with just sautéed ground beef and a can of campbell's mushroom soup. I usually top with some diced green onions and serve on plain rice in a bowl. It's actually really good.

Also, if you have a camper cooler, a big chunk of frozen meat, such as ground beef will stay frozen way longer than the 2.5 hours of driving, so I wouldn't be in any kind of panic to devour everything in freezer. Just sayin'.

MyCrummyApartment said:
Not really a gourmet item by any means, but when my daughter visits me (teen) she loves this thing a I whip together with just sautéed ground beef and a can of campbell's mushroom soup. I usually top with some diced green onions and serve on plain rice in a bowl. It's actually really good.

Also, if you have a camper cooler, a big chunk of frozen meat, such as ground beef will stay frozen way longer than the 2.5 hours of driving, so I wouldn't be in any kind of panic to devour everything in freezer. Just sayin'.

We have a couple coolers, but we'll have all the fridge stuff to move too. Not panicking, just don't want to have to move any more stuff than necessary :)

Just put BBQ meatballs in the oven, and probably will be making tacos... Might try the mushroom soup idea too- sounds interesting :) thanks!

Salisbury Steak w/ mushroom gravy.
I just made a couple of these babies a couple weeks ago after not having this dish for years. It was mighty tasty.

Hamburger Stroganoff.

Sloppy Joes. Make some now and freeze to take along with you. It can thaw while you travel. If you have moving helpers, you can serve this as an easy meal moving-in party. If it's just you two, well, make your own moving in party and dinner will be ready - just heat and serve. Either way, it's still easy.

Skittle 68: My Mediterranean Classics

:chef: Good Evening,

From my viewpoint, here are my classics :

1. Italian Meatballs and a Ribbon Pasta
2. Fettuccini Bolognese
3. Italian Style Meatloaf stuffed with or without hard boiled eggs
4. Mussaka
5. Greek Red Bell Peppers stuffed with ground beef or yellow and green bell peppers stuffed with ground beef & long grain Rice, spices, lemon zest and Pinenuts

:yum: Have a wonderful weekend and good luck with your move. Furthermore, there are numerous ideas which have been contributed ...

Kind regards.
Margi Cintrano

I have some ground beef in the fridge I need to use up also. After much deliberating decided on husbands favorite: meatball shakshuka! Yumm. It's pretty much meatballs with herbs and spices in a spicy chunky tomato sauce with runny eggs on top. Then you eat it with lots of bread to scoop up the runny yolk and sauce

man, that sounds good, siegal. i'm going to have to try the eggs over meatballs and sauce.

how about some kofta/kefta kebabs? spiced ground beef grilled on a stick.

if you add some hair and a fly buzzes around it, you can call it kalkalosh, and serve it with crab juice...

j/k, kalkalosh is from an old simpsons episode.

but seriously, kofta kebabs are delicious with tastsiki.

i have a killer tsatsiki recipe if interested.

Last edited:
I'm with you mate kofta's are the way to go. I have just posted a fav dish in the butter chicken thread.
I will dig out balkans civapcicci and post it later.

You could fry the ground beef with onion and spices. Fill some crepes with the beef, top with bechemel sauce and grated cheese or buy some puff pastry and fill small pies with spicy ground beef. Baked potato is also very nice with a ground beef filling. You could make meatloaf, cottage pie, meatballs etc.

buckytom said:
man, that sounds good, siegal. i'm going to have to try the eggs over meatballs and sauce.

if you add some hair and a fly buzzes around it, you can call it kalkalosh, and serve it with crab juice...

Mm....it was good! It's Always a mission to get those yolk out of the pan without breaking them though!
I haven't made kebab for a while! It's now next on my list as I finally have an indoor grill to cook it with. May use lamb though...

buckytom said:

I am very interested in the recipe :)

And CWS, we are moving from Duluth to St. Cloud. My bf got a better job there. The only thing that sucks about it is that I picked an odd time to transfer to a new red lobster. Normally it would be no big deal, but they are shifting things around and re-structuring everything and they won't let me transfer until after we get the results for this assessment we have to take. It's a little odd that they can't just send the results to St. Cloud when they get them, but whatever. So my bf is going to be living in St. Cloud without me for at least a month :(

I am very interested in the recipe :)

And CWS, we are moving from Duluth to St. Cloud. My bf got a better job there. The only thing that sucks about it is that I picked an odd time to transfer to a new red lobster. Normally it would be no big deal, but they are shifting things around and re-structuring everything and they won't let me transfer until after we get the results for this assessment we have to take. It's a little odd that they can't just send the results to St. Cloud when they get them, but whatever. So my bf is going to be living in St. Cloud without me for at least a month :(
Great that the BF got a better job--sorry that you have to stay behind, but that gives you more time to pack, sort, etc. It will be tough, I'm sure, for you to be on your own doing that stuff and away from the BF. But, this too shall pass.

Back
Top Bottom