HELP! Frozen Peas And Corn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coming late to the party. I always keep a few bags of corn and/or peas in the freezer to use as first aid for minor injuries.

Because of the reference to whimpering spouses. I assumed you were talking about the one you knew best.

Were you referring then to K-girl's hubby?
Yup! Remember, she loves letting us know how he whines about creamy foods - and lots of other stuff. I figure he whines when he's sick, too. Or, I could be wrong. Either way, K-Girl is a real trooper for not resorting to something mean and dastardly. A testament to how very much she loves the curmudgeon. Me? I probably would have applied "pillow therapy" years ago...:ohmy:

Yup! Remember, she loves letting us know how he whines about creamy foods - and lots of other stuff. I figure he whines when he's sick, too. Or, I could be wrong. Either way, K-Girl is a real trooper for not resorting to something mean and dastardly. A testament to how very much she loves the curmudgeon. Me? I probably would have applied "pillow therapy" years ago...:ohmy:

Oh, oh, oh, how about a big pot of creamed peas and corn? Just a thought. :chef:

CD

How did I miss this thread? Where do I start?

Were the frozen peas and corn recommended for eating, or placing the bags where the post op swelling was going to happen?

If it is the later, go with whatever is cheapest. I'm thinking a zip lock bag of ice would work, but I can see how frozen peas would be better for covering surface area.

As for eating, what difference does it make whether the peas are frozen or canned. Will it help him heal any faster? If not, go out and buy some fresh peas and cook those for him. It may not ease his pain, but he'll feel loved. As for the corn, well it is out of season, but does DH deserve it? I think so.

Keep us posted. I'll be hoping for his recovery.

CD

Casey, doc suggested the frozen peas and corn, in bags, be applied to the wound for the first 48 hours... it really helped, he's doing just fine.

This Mexican corn soup sounds good. The heavy cream is optional.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ingrid-hoffmann/mexican-corn-soup-recipe-1951245

GG, I did a copy&paste! That sounds outstanding!

Roch, which recipe do you recommend? Your link shows several and they all look delicious. I'd like to maybe add the one that you like to our Winter Soup list.

Coming late to the party. I always keep a few bags of corn and/or peas in the freezer to use as first aid for minor injuries.

JJ, you're probably right at that. I should keep one in the deep freeze and then cook the rest.

CG, aren't ALL men whiners? :LOL: No, he did really well. He was a very compliant patient and I got little guff. And anytime there's injuries/traumas/surgeries, that person has to sleep in the La-z-y Boy, as per the doc usually. It just helps with recovery when you're not trying to get in and out of the bed.
And yes, he snores like a banshee! But that's why God made earplugs!! :ROFLMAO:

And, awww, thanks for that... my SIL (DH's sister) says that I have SEVERAL chairs waiting for me in heaven :angel: that I have the patience of Job and then some ;)

Oh, oh, oh, how about a big pot of creamed peas and corn? Just a thought. :chef:

CD

Casey, here's what's funny... DH loves Creamed Corn, the kind from a can. He just MUST have that with a Turkey Dinner... that's what his Mom made... with BrusselSprouts, Mashed `Taters and gravy... oh and Apple Sauce, why? I do not know.
Both of my In Laws passed away before I came along, so I never got to meet them. But the rest of the family assures me that I'm DH's perfect match... :kiss:

Not all of them, apparently, K-Girl. It looks like you and I were lucky and got good guys. Hope all is well with your DH now.

True dat CG!!

DH is doing just fine ... now we just need to do something with all these Peas and Corn Kernels! :LOL:

Wednesday I'm going to make a small batch of Beth's Chicken Green Chile Stew with some of the Corn and bought a can of Creamed Corn.

I thought of a couple new recipes for you.

For the corn, try maque choux (like mock shoe): It's sort of a succotash. You can leave out the cream and it will still be good: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/corn-maque-choux-350113

For the peas, how about pureed peas with mint? I see that on Chopped all the time: https://www.marthastewart.com/312491/minted-pea-mash

GG, the mock shoe sounds divine, but mashed peas I think would go for DH... keep `em comin' :chef:

Gee, with all this peas and corn talk, I am getting hungry. Peas with just butter and cream style corn for the corn chowder.

Oh the heck with the chowder. Just the cream style corn heated up with a huge pat of butter and a drop of milk.

Back
Top Bottom