Help I bought WAY too much celery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can always cut the celery into pieces, set it on a glass plate in the microwave on high setting and gather anyone nearby to watch the sparks fly. I still can't figure out why that happens.

Note to self: Put celery on the grocery list.

Like many who have suggested already, bbox, you'll be surprised how much celery is required to make a surprisingly small batch of pureed and creamed soup. Mine is thickened with potato, and just finished with a drizzle of cream. It's also curry flavored with the addition of garam masala.

Any chance you could share your recipe? ^^ It sounds great!

I have some scary limp celery in my frig, and have had nightmares of electric green octopi each night for the past whole week. Some cooking experiments should never be suggested less tried. :ohmy::dizzy:

Last edited:
soup, glorious soup

Fret not!
Make batches of celery soup of whichever recipe appeals to you and personalise each batch if you wish by crumbling blue cheese into one, add celery seed ( a pinch goes a long way) to another and freeze in portions to suit your needs. If you want a recipe I'll give you one but you will find a good creamy luscious recipe easy enough. Roll on those cool days to enjoy !

Whatever you do dont try to make celery Babyfood. Your baby WILLNOT appreciate it.

Well, celery must have been genetically altered since 2011. I didn't get any sparks - just smelly, wilted and charred.

Mind you, if this was a hoax - I got suckered! :LOL:

We've been growing celery for about 5 years now. It doesn't taste bitter and Dh likes it fresh from the garden. I usually harvest it in late summer and as late as November. I chop it, with leaves in the food processor, then dehydrate it completely. This keeps in sealed jars and is great to have on hand when making soups and stews. It doesn't taste any better or worse than fresh celery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom