Help me find recipe info!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ncfae

Assistant Cook
hi all!! I'm a little new to this forum, but I love cooking and I need help finding something.

A few weeks ago I stumbled onto a website, or "sub" site, that asked you to check the boxes with the ingredients from your frig---then you click 'enter' and it came up with a list of recipes using those ingredients!!

I can't find it, and much my dismay, I didn't bookmark it!! Can you believe that!! Cooking info and I didn't bookmark it!! :ohmy: (You should see my recipe collection here at home!)

I have 40 cookbooks and three 3-ring binders full of recipes that I've snipped, copied and written down over the years! :chef: Do I use all my forty cookbooks? Actually, I do!! I'll never use ALL the recipes from EVERY book, but I do have my favorites.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Can anyone help me find that site or "sub" site? It wasn't a cooking game. (tried that) And I can't remember what I was looking for at the time, that led me to that site.

Sure would appreciate any insight. It was a great tool!!
thanks!!
feel free to email me if you like!
Ncfae :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pressing the Ctrl key and than the "H" key will open your history and you can locate it by what day you found it.

no, not the foodnetwork one

hi, thanks for responding.

No, it wasn't the foodnetwork one.

This had a whole chart of ingredients, and you clicked on each ingredient that you had in your frig--right down to the little bitty things.

When you clicked on 'enter' or 'make recipe' or whatever, it came up with a list of recipes for the items you checked, starting with the simplest (egg sandwich, for example), and with each item down the list, it made more and more recipes, to include all those items in your frig.

It was really cool, but I can't find it, and I'm having a tough time searching for it, too!

sigh......... :neutral:

thanks anyway......
maybe somebody here will find it or know what I'm looking for.
keep trying!
Ncfae :)

ctrl H won't help either.....
don't know the date, and I don't know the site.......
thank you anyway.
Ncfae

I'd still say checking your "history" might be your best bet. It might be alot of work, but then chances are yuo might find just what you need. Actually it sounds like a really neat idea. If you find it please post info here.

I'm not sure I know how to do that--the history thing--especially since I think I've deleted it, but I'll try......

it might take me awhile since it was awhile ago!!

Thank you CharlieD., bigdaddy3k, and her_name_is_ed.....

if I find it, I'll let you know.
Thank you for your kindness!!

I'll get back to you.
Gotta go to work now, and back to work in the morning.
Give me a few days.....
I'll work on it!
Ncfae

Hi Ncfae,
Welcome to this site, I'm new here too and just finding my way around!!
If you find the site do let me know. Good luck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom