"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > I only have "these" ingredients...help me be creative
Old 01-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #11
Master Chef
Make hamburger steaks by seasoning the meat up with garlic, S&P and Worchester Sauce, steak seasoning, or whatever you like. Pat the meat into shape, wrap with the bacon, securing with a toothpick, and grill like you would a steak.
You might want to pre-cook the bacon in the nuke for a few minutes, leaving it soft so you can still wrap it. The bacon will then get crisp when you grill the patty.
Cook to medium, and serve with whatever sides you like with steak. Mushroom sauce is nice with this.

We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #12
Assistant Cook
Send a message via AIM to jcheste2 Send a message via Yahoo to jcheste2
I ended up unthawing some chicken and making bacon wrapped chicken bites and saving the hamburger for tonight and making the pasta bolognese

jcheste2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:27 AM   #13
Assistant Cook
dont know what your looking for but if i had ground beef and bacon.. I would fry the beef with salt pepper garlic, drain excess., while cooking bacon . at the same time i would cook my 50 cent box of mac and cheese. then put all together, BAM!!! its your homeade hamburger helper!! cant beat that.

eric670 is offline   Reply With Quote