Help me with dinner please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcheste2

Assistant Cook
Ive got about a pound of ground beef and some bacon that needs used. I can go to the store if need be but I want to try something new. Any ideas?

What else do you have available in the pantry. Cream of mushroom soup? Onion, mushrooms, pasta???

Got it all

Ive got onion and mushrooms and pasta yes... so what should i do?

so what did you end up doing?

I would have suggested a skillet dish - brown the ground beef (with some onion if you have it), drain and add the mushroom soup and maybe the onion soup packet too, with some water. Simmer till the gravy is thick. Cook some noodles and drain, then stir into the meat and gravy in the skillet. Salt and pepper to taste.

Make hamburger steaks by seasoning the meat up with garlic, S&P and Worchester Sauce, steak seasoning, or whatever you like. Pat the meat into shape, wrap with the bacon, securing with a toothpick, and grill like you would a steak.
You might want to pre-cook the bacon in the nuke for a few minutes, leaving it soft so you can still wrap it. The bacon will then get crisp when you grill the patty.
Cook to medium, and serve with whatever sides you like with steak. Mushroom sauce is nice with this.

I ended up unthawing some chicken and making bacon wrapped chicken bites and saving the hamburger for tonight and making the pasta bolognese:chef:

dont know what your looking for but if i had ground beef and bacon.. I would fry the beef with salt pepper garlic, drain excess., while cooking bacon . at the same time i would cook my 50 cent box of mac and cheese. then put all together, BAM!!! its your homeade hamburger helper!! cant beat that.

Back
Top Bottom