Here's a challenge...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masteraznchefjr

Sous Chef
So I've been thinking. Create an entree that has to use wasabi, vanilla ice cream, salmon, and almonds.

I want to know what you guys would do with these ingredients.

salmon cake a-la-mode

This is just a wacky idea off the top of my head, so be advised that all disclaimers are in force...

Prepare/mix your favorite crab cake patty, using shredded cooked salmon instead of crab meat and wasabi instead of horseradish. Coat with coarse ground almonds. Cook. Dollop with tournee of vanilla ice cream and serve before it melts.

Not an entree by itself, but a combination of food & beverage that compliment each other.

Ingredients:
1 egg + 1/2 cup milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp. fresh ground Wasabi
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 lb. fresh coho salmon fillet
1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
1 tbs. coarse grind black pepper
3 tbs. lime juice
1/2 cup good vanilla ice cream
1 cup milk

Use large bowls, or shaker bags for this part. Combine the wasabi, almonds, Old Bay, pepper, and Panko bread crumbs together. In a seperate bowl, make an egg wash with 1/2 cup milk and 1 large egg. Place the flour and salt in the last bowl.
Dry the fillets with a paper towel and dip into the flour. Dredge the fish through the egg wash. Finally, place the fish on top of the bread crumb mixture and roll to coat evenly. Place 2 inches under the broiler set to its lowest setting. Broil for 3 minutes. Turn and broil three minutes more.

While the fish is broiling, combine the ice cream with 1 cup of milk, and the lime juice. Blend until silky smooth. Serve with the crusted fish. I think a side order of steamed and buttered asparagus wold be great with this.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

good ideas pouring in ..... I'll have the vanilla icecream with roasted almonds and hot chocolate...!

Back
Top Bottom