Homemade pizza dough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Little Italy

Assistant Cook
I have some homemade pizza dough, mozzarella, marninara, spicy suasage, some spices, and eggs. What can i do with this besides the normal pizza/calzone

I'd make the pizza, putting the raw eggs (cracked, of course) on top of the cheese before baking it. By the time the pizza is done, the eggs will be perfectly poached.

I have some homemade pizza dough, mozzarella, marninara, spicy suasage, some spices, and eggs. What can i do with this besides the normal pizza/calzone

I'd make a sausage and cheese omelette with marinara, and toasted focaccia. :chef:

Stretch out the balls, fry one side in some good butter until golden and puffy, flip, and place cheese on the cooked side to start it melting. When the bottom side is golden, flip so that the cheese side is down and allow the cheese to brown and fuse to the dough.

Stretch out the balls, fry one side in some good butter until golden and puffy, flip, and place cheese on the cooked side to start it melting. When the bottom side is golden, flip so that the cheese side is down and allow the cheese to brown and fuse to the dough.

That sounds really yummy! I think I'll be trying that soon!

roll the sausage and cheese in the dough and bake.. pigs in a blanket with cheese... Serve with the Marinara as a dipping sauce. Turn the eggs into deviled eggs as a side dish.

You could cut 4" circles out of the dough, make a filling with the sausage, sauce, and cheese mixed together, put some filling on half and fold it over, sealing the edges (ending up half-moon shaped). Then beat an egg and brush it over and bake them.

Or, cut circles out and line the cups of a muffin tin with them, mix the sauce and sausage and put some in, then put the cheese on top and bake.

Both of these would be the same taste as the pizza/calzone, but a variation in shape and size and style.

LC61, your fried dough/cheese things sound great! Wow, did you think those up? I'll definitely have to try them! Mmmmmmmm!!!

Back
Top Bottom