Hummus and pesto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
my latest experiment..

I thawed some pesto yesterday. I was running low on hummus and needed something for dh's lunch box sandwich for today. I have in the past given him straight pesto sandwiches. But I tested a 1/4 t. of hummus and pesto mixed together to see what it was like. I thought it tasted very good:). So dh got a pesto and hummus sandwich today. I thought it would also be good for a veggie dip. I know better than to ask him tonight what he thought of todays sandwich, I can already see the blank look in his eyes, he doesn't pay much attention to those things:wacko:

That does sound good! I love making my own hummus, making some today actually! I think pesto hummus would make a great veggie dip!

Hey, can hummus be frozen?
And how about a recipe? One that uses dry chickpeas...
I have half a bag left from the hummus and parsley salad whose name escapes
me that my MIL made while visiting.
I tried capturing her recipe, but it was one of those lots of this, more more,
OK that's enough type things...
So I've been skairt to try my own, LOLOLOL!

I remember there was LOTS of tahini and even more olive oil, that's for sure.

It also sounds like it would be a great base for a veggie sandwich or wrap - your pesto hummus, cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, avocado, alfalfa sprouts, provolone cheese - YUM!

this is the last recipe I used:

Hummus

3/4 cup dried garbanzos, cooked
1/3 cup lemon juice
3 T. tahini, (I used more)
2 cloves garlic, finely minced ( I added to the taste level I liked)
salt to taste

Puree til smooth, adding some bean cooking water.
Add;

1 T. olive oil
1 T. fresh parsley (I used more)
hot, sweet or smoked paprika

I have never tried to freeze it, it does not last long around my house

Great! the DW and I love hummus, so thanks for the recipe. I am thinking I may have to find a Mediterranean grocery store though, I don't recognize tahini? Unless it can be found in the ethnic isle at the supermarket.
Thanks again!

It also sounds like it would be a great base for a veggie sandwich or wrap - your pesto hummus, cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes, avocado, alfalfa sprouts, provolone cheese - YUM!

:)That kind of sandwich is one of my favorites you also make it in a wrap.I like a little sliced onion with it as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom