I have Spaghetti Sauce...what else can I use it for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pizza burgers! make 2 thin hamburger patties. (you can mix in sausage if you want). a layer of sauce and mozzarella cheese then the second patty. Seal around the edges and grill/fry. Tasty...

How about veal or chicken cutlet parmesan? Serve with the sauce over the meat and top with mozzarella and bake.

Spaghetti sauce can be used as a base for Manhattan Clam chowder (with tweaking of course, or add musscles and clams to it to make it a true marinara sauce. You can also use it as a condiment. Or, add some peppers, some chili powder, a little cumin and coriander, and you've turned your spaghetti sauce into an enchilada sauce. It can also be the base for a vegatable juice cocktail.

Just a couple of ideas.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Okay, I should have worded this differently. I have sauce. I have sauce up the ying yang. I thought this was the "I only have X ingredient" section so my X ingredient is spaghetti sauce. I need alternatives for something other than just pouring it over pasta.

Reduce some of it and use it as pizza sauce.
Use it as a sauce for mussels
My sister cooks cabbage and peppers in spaghetti sauce. add a couple of hot peppers. You have a tasty veggie dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese, if you like. :)

For a quick snack or lazy meal English Muffin Pizza is fun and easy and can be made in a toaster oven if you are feeling super lazy.

I also like to cook vegetables like Zucchini and Broccoli with red sauce just chop em up and thow them in a dutch oven or simmer on the stove and you have a nice side dish or something to serve over rice for a healthy meal (you could also add chicken or tuna for a protein)

you could also probably make a modified Steak Pizziaola substituting the sauce for the tomatoes and paste.

I also use red sauce to make an italian turkeyloaf I mix some into the meat and use some to form a crust around the loaf painting it on as it cooks. add some grated parm to the mix too.

Last edited:
You could use some of your sauce, mixed with red or green curry paste (your preference), some lemongrass and a few thai chilis. Take a couple dungeness crabs, cleaned, break them up and crack the shells and cook them in a wok with your sauce until the crabs are just cooked through. It should be an interesting version of chili crabs.
Shucks....now I am hungry!!!

Pizza burgers! make 2 thin hamburger patties. (you can mix in sausage if you want). a layer of sauce and mozzarella cheese then the second patty. Seal around the edges and grill/fry. Tasty...
OMG this one sounds good and I have a bunch of hamburger.

I love all the other ideas too and thanks for changing my title.

What, no chicken or veal or pork parmasan? What about an omelet with choirizo, chopped peppers and sharp shredded cheddar, topped with some lightly sauted chopped onions added to alittle sauce and poured over the omelet?
Shrimp marinara, or clams, or any fish stew. Use it as the base adding the fish liquor or stock to it with some diced potatoes and celery and diced red or green pepper. You can add ped pepper flakes to spice any of the above up.

What do you think?
quicksilver

Brown a pound, or more depending on how many people you wish to feed, of ground beef, pork, veal, turkey, or a mixture of any or all of those, add enough of your sauce to bind it, and put it on hamburger buns to make Sloppy Giuseppes! Add a salad to make it a complete meal.

I wondered about the meat also, KE. Heat it up in a pan, make some indentations, crack eggs into the dents, cover and cook, serve with some good bread.

Make a variation on Pastitso. Add some cinnamon, allspice, and cloves to the sauce, and take it from there.

Can it be turned into sloppy joes? Add beans and make some kind of chili? (OK not the real mackoy, but I bet it would be good. Some kind of sub sandwhich?

I wondered about the meat also, KE. Heat it up in a pan, make some indentations, crack eggs into the dents, cover and cook, serve with some good bread.

Make a variation on Pastitso. Add some cinnamon, allspice, and cloves to the sauce, and take it from there.

Can it be turned into sloppy joes? Add beans and make some kind of chili? (OK not the real mackoy, but I bet it would be good. Some kind of sub sandwhich?

Add those beans and some coriander, cummin, sliced onion, diced green pepper, a bay leaf, and chili powder, along with either cubed or ground beef. Mix with boiled spiral pasta or elbow macaroni to make chili-mac. Grate good cheddar over the top and serve. Yum. :)

seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

eggplant parmesan, meatball subs, and these spinach wedges which is a white bread dough that has been rolled out into a 9 x 12 rectangle and spread with a spinach artichoke dip with chunks of chicken, bacon and onion added and baked until golden brown. Use the sauce for dipping!

Attachments

• spinach-wedges.jpg
    spinach-wedges.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I haven't seen my favorite use for leftover spaghetti sauce here... And it's really easy.

Pour the sauce into a smallish casserole dish. Chuck a log of fresh goat cheese in the middle. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins, til bubbly. Goat cheese should be warm and softened, but not melted.

Serve with chunks of bread. With a salad, I can easily make this a main meal, but it's also a wonderful appetizer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom