"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > I only have "these" ingredients...help me be creative

Old 04-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
[B][COLOR=#008080]What, no chicken or veal or pork parmasan?

quicksilver
Actually, Parmesan was mentioned twice already

Callisto, a couple of other possibilities are:
- Calzones: Calzone - Recipe - AOL Food
- Frutti di Mare (Fruits of the Sea): Linguine Ai Frutti Di Mare Recipe at Epicurious.com You don't have to use all of these kinds of seafood; I've made it with just shrimp and clams.

HTH.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:57 PM   #32
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Brown a pound, or more depending on how many people you wish to feed, of ground beef, pork, veal, turkey, or a mixture of any or all of those, add enough of your sauce to bind it, and put it on hamburger buns to make Sloppy Giuseppes! Add a salad to make it a complete meal.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #33
Executive Chef

I wondered about the meat also, KE. Heat it up in a pan, make some indentations, crack eggs into the dents, cover and cook, serve with some good bread.

Make a variation on Pastitso. Add some cinnamon, allspice, and cloves to the sauce, and take it from there.

Can it be turned into sloppy joes? Add beans and make some kind of chili? (OK not the real mackoy, but I bet it would be good. Some kind of sub sandwhich?
Old 04-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #34
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loprraine View Post
I wondered about the meat also, KE. Heat it up in a pan, make some indentations, crack eggs into the dents, cover and cook, serve with some good bread.

Make a variation on Pastitso. Add some cinnamon, allspice, and cloves to the sauce, and take it from there.

Can it be turned into sloppy joes? Add beans and make some kind of chili? (OK not the real mackoy, but I bet it would be good. Some kind of sub sandwhich?
Add those beans and some coriander, cummin, sliced onion, diced green pepper, a bay leaf, and chili powder, along with either cubed or ground beef. Mix with boiled spiral pasta or elbow macaroni to make chili-mac. Grate good cheddar over the top and serve. Yum.

seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #35
Sous Chef

Wink

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...n-s-45073.html

apprently spaghetti sauce is the gift that keeps on giving
Old 04-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #36
Head Chef

eggplant parmesan, meatball subs, and these spinach wedges which is a white bread dough that has been rolled out into a 9 x 12 rectangle and spread with a spinach artichoke dip with chunks of chicken, bacon and onion added and baked until golden brown. Use the sauce for dipping!
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2008, 07:06 AM   #37
Senior Cook

I haven't seen my favorite use for leftover spaghetti sauce here... And it's really easy.

Pour the sauce into a smallish casserole dish. Chuck a log of fresh goat cheese in the middle. Bake at 350 for 15-20 mins, til bubbly. Goat cheese should be warm and softened, but not melted.

Serve with chunks of bread. With a salad, I can easily make this a main meal, but it's also a wonderful appetizer.