I need to create several dishes with these tools. .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

(Radio-Edit)

Assistant Cook
I know what I am capable of but this will be the first time I actually prepare some food for a few close friends at my place. Im not rummaging through the pantry as I always keep a stocked fridge, I just need some ideas on how to put these things together.

Btw, I have plenty of spices, flours, breaders; Sage, Paprika, Cinnamon, Red Pepper Flake, Basil, Rosemary, Seasoning Salt. . etc etc. so frying or spicing food isnt an issue. Here are the things I have narrowed down in my pantry & fridge::
-frozen chopped mixed veggies (squash, broccoli, red peppers, green peppers, carrots)
-large yellow onions
-large red onions
-russet potatoes
-3lbs of fresh shrimp
-skinless chicken breasts
-soy sauce
-shitake mushrooms
-white button mushrooms
-pineapple
-bowtie pasta

I REALLY dont wanna take the easy route and cook some mac n cheese or throw some marinara/alfredo over something. I really want my friends to see I take cooking seriously, Im 21!

I know I want to cook the chicken breasts. .but Im also thinking I can do something with the shrimp, soysauce, mixed veggies and mushrooms. .

ideas? Oh and. . hello. Im new to the forums.

Welcom Radio-edit
glad to have you with us...Take a look through our fish,chicken,veggie forums I would bet you will find some wonderful recipes...I'm sure you will find a great scampi,pasta recipe in there..Take a look..If you need help give a hollar. Look in the poultry section, a nice chicken picatta might be nice
kadesma:)

Last edited:
could make something asian with the chicken, Soy, onions, veggies and mushrooms..
Pasta with shrimps will be great, too, as kadesma suggested...

I do have rice. I was thinking of a dish with the veggies and shrimp but that would leave the chicken out. I like the ideas you all suggested..

Now I think I should have the chicken and shrimp together in an asian themed dish. Maybe herb-crusted chicken, slice it up and serve it with the vegetables and shrimp.

So now I should find something to go with that..

Our fave Chinese restaurant has a wonderful stir-fry with chicken, shrimp and vegetables. While your frozen vegies are not Oriental as such, they will work fine, and you can add thinly sliced strips of sweet onion and sliced mushrooms.
Or, you could do a great sweet & sour shrimp, using your pineapple also. Coat shrimp and bite-sized pieces of chicken in corn starch and fry in hot oil.

If you don't have rice, you can serve either of the above over noodles.

If you need help with the above recipes, I know I've seen both stir fry sauce and sweet and sour sauce here.

This is ultimately what happened!

img_771439_0_d7bf2144c5eaa965553dc59b079eb00a.jpg

img_771439_1_9351b2f117532f9ee83be6b6e9e41be5.jpg

img_771439_2_eb7c0826238e49ad52a233332b1e8e9a.jpg

img_771439_3_a720be5badc161ad51ea3bf9a9de4ad4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom