I need to make lunch but have nothing! Time sensitive!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cannot for the life of me remember where I found this recipe!?! Maybe someone on here???:ermm:

Mushroom Rolls
1/2 C chopped onion
1/2 lb chopped mushrooms
1/4 C butter or margarine
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 loaf - white sandwhich bread (square style loaf is better)
melted butter or margarine for brushing

Saute the mushrooms, onions and butter in frying pan until soft and onions are clear
Add cream cheese in chunks. Add next 4 ingredients. stir until cream cheese is melted. Let cool.
Remove crusts from bread and roll each piece with a roliing pin. spread mushroom mixture on each slice and roll up like a jelly roll. brush with melted butter. (you can freeze them at this point if you wish) Cut each roll in three pieces and arrange on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 F for 10 to 1

Sounds good but...

I cannot for the life of me remember where I found this recipe!?! Maybe someone on here???:ermm:

Mushroom Rolls
1/2 C chopped onion
1/2 lb chopped mushrooms
1/4 C butter or margarine
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 loaf - white sandwhich bread (square style loaf is better)
melted butter or margarine for brushing

Saute the mushrooms, onions and butter in frying pan until soft and onions are clear
Add cream cheese in chunks. Add next 4 ingredients. stir until cream cheese is melted. Let cool.
Remove crusts from bread and roll each piece with a roliing pin. spread mushroom mixture on each slice and roll up like a jelly roll. brush with melted butter. (you can freeze them at this point if you wish) Cut each roll in three pieces and arrange on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 F for 10 to 1

My family doesnt buy white bread because it is bad for you, nor cream cheese. It is too fatty, normally i wouldnt care but....

My mom has chronic pancreatitis....she can only have 25 grams of fat a day...my dad doesnt let me make things terrible fatty unless she is gone.

My family doesnt buy white bread because it is bad for you, nor cream cheese. It is too fatty, normally i wouldnt care but....

My mom has chronic pancreatitis....she can only have 25 grams of fat a day...my dad doesnt let me make things terrible fatty unless she is gone.

You might check into making your own bread so you can use recipes like this one. We haven't purchased commercial bread in our house for almost 20 years. I make all of our bread products.

Also, see if there's a replacement for the cream cheese your mom can tolerate. I'm not well-versed in this area of food so, perhaps, someone else will come along and assist.

there is a replacement

You might check into making your own bread so you can use recipes like this one. We haven't purchased commercial bread in our house for almost 20 years. I make all of our bread products.

Also, see if there's a replacement for the cream cheese your mom can tolerate. I'm not well-versed in this area of food so, perhaps, someone else will come along and assist.

We have bought replacement cream cheese but it was disgusting, and almost entirely wax. Thank you though.

To replace cream cheese, make some skim milk into yogurt, then strain for 12 hours through a cheese cloth, and you'll get something a little tarter than cream cheese and not so much fat. Mix in herb and a little salt for flavor.

also for anything such as egg drop soup or any other recipe you can just use vegetable stock in place of the chicken stock, it will be just as good.

Back
Top Bottom