I want potato pancakes!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
So I got my heart set on potato pancakes. I ALWAYS have a full bag of potatoes. Well I guess not today. I have 3 potatoes and a half box of instant flakes (gasp!!!).:sick:
Can I make some sort of hybrid potato pancake mixing the 2? If I shredded the taters and made the box ones and mixed it all up with some flour, onion, and egg, do you think it would work?
Help I'm gettin' hungry!

if it were me, I would do the instant only. too hard for me to figure out to incorporate fresh with dried:wacko: just doctor them up with real butter, sour cream, onions, garlic, got any ham bits?....

Suzi, if you had some Matzo meal, you could whip up some Latkes! Guess that didn't answer your question, tho, sorry. :ermm:

OMG - you said
half box of instant flakes
I'm seriously going to have to reconsider this friendship! :LOL::LOL:

I would cube those real potatoes, cook and lightly mash leaving them kind of chunky - incorporate into the - - - - don't make me say it :glare: - you know - form into nice big patities, season with salt, pepper, garlic, chives would be good - then brown in butter.

I found a recipe at the Hungry Jack website, I'll just use that and throw some cheese in 'em. Upon a closer look at the 3 potatoes, they have alot of eyes and are a teeny bit mushy so I'll just throw em.
Thanks anyway, but if there's any other ideas I'd be willing to try!
I dont think these are gonna curb my craving.

LOL KE I don't know why I did it I'm sorry! It was after work one day, I wanted roast chicken and gravy but I just didn't fel like making the dang taters!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom