I would like to eat a pig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd love to claim credit, but that recipe was from Janet. It sounds wonderful.

Joint OK? I loved Janet's sauce, but I got some ideas from yours. I kind of mixed. Now wrote down some of what I did, but it is scrawled on a couple different index cards. When I put it together if I post it, I will call it the Kayelle/Janet Pork Extravaganza. Mostly your cooking with Janet's sauce. I got a pork loin that was more than I was looking for, but on budget I went from there.

I am trying to get to making considered reproducible recipes. Hate to say it but sometimes, (maybe usually) I still wing it.

Will say I decided to get a loin, just because I could get a whole loin for the price and a bit less of chops. Respect for Kosher, but I can freeze the leftovers, and I am not stupid about money.

Joint OK? I loved Janet's sauce, but I got some ideas from yours. I kind of mixed. Now wrote down some of what I did, but it is scrawled on a couple different index cards. When I put it together if I post it, I will call it the Kayelle/Janet Pork Extravaganza. Mostly your cooking with Janet's sauce. I got a pork loin that was more than I was looking for, but on budget I went from there.

I am trying to get to making considered reproducible recipes. Hate to say it but sometimes, (maybe usually) I still wing it.

Will say I decided to get a loin, just because I could get a whole loin for the price and a bit less of chops. Respect for Kosher, but I can freeze the leftovers, and I am not stupid about money.

Just curious Fox, did you use a pork tenderloin or a pork loin?
Both of our recipes called for a tenderloin, a small strip of meat on top of the loin of pork. Think fillet of beef.

Ya caught me Kayelle, I was wondering why I had to adjust quantities.

So how do you get the tenderloin strip off the pig, do you have to tell it a story. or sing it a lullaby?

psst. there is an entire pig in the freezer (don't tell Rachel) labeled and yes there is a tenderloin. I have it all in three gallon bags labeled 'beef tripe'

I'm glad you got to enjoy a piggy meal. This post reminded me of another favorite of ours.

When you get the chance to go porky again, this recipe works with pork loin chops or pork tenderloin medallions. We liked it so much I made it over, and over, and over... Because of that, I haven't made it in years. It looks familiar to the paper recipe I have spirited away somewhere :whistling:, but I honestly do not remember the sprig of thyme. Herb to your taste.

Pork Loin Chops with Apple and Shallot

For the liquid, I used an apple cider wine from VT or NH (I'm pretty sure it was VT). It was mostly dry, with a hint of sweet, and effervecent but not bubbly. :huh: And that sounds like one huge oxymoron. :LOL:

For the liquid, I used an apple cider wine from VT or NH (I'm pretty sure it was VT). It was mostly dry, with a hint of sweet, and effervecent but not bubbly. :huh: And that sounds like one huge oxymoron. :LOL:

I've made a cider wine, if you use champagne or beer yeast, and bottle it right before Brother Yeasties get done, it gets a hint of carbonation, but stays sweet. I know wherewith of what you speak. It is a reasonable goal for wines made of cider and the softer mead as well, of my forefathers.

My Jewish husband just said the same thing :LOL:. No, actually kosher salt measures differently than table salt, so the proportions of salt to water are correct for the brine to be right. ;)
I'm sure glad he eats pork though.

Different for salt crystals. Kosher is distinguished by mode of manufacture. Larger grain size, Sea Salt is also marketed as an alternative, much larger grain size.

Interestingly it has nothing to do with Kosher laws, just what is used to more easily take blood out of meat, as it is large grained.

Blood is not cool with Kosher stuff.

TBS

If you can find it, Woodpecker (red box with a Woodpecker on it) cider is almost like drinking a fairly decent champagne. It's certainly a lot better than a lot of the less expensive sparkling wines and champagnes.

The Stella Artois Cidre isn't bad either.

I just noticed the other day that I have several bottles of the Crisp Apple Angry Orchard in the porch fridge that I had forgotten about. It's not bad either.

I know Woodchuck cider is from Vermont. For me though, I'd rather have the above 3, though I wouldn't turn it down.

Woodchuck is one of my favorites, certainly indicated when eating illicit pork.

I know one of the guys involved in the company, he is a Cornell Hotel School grad.

I like woodchuck as it doesn't try to be a beer.

Applejack ran the revolution. I have a tax book from my great great great in Vermont, and in 1770 he was taxed among things, wne brrl of apl Jack of the bst qty, wl cpd.

apparently they were having a vowel shortage but that is one barrel of apple Jack of the best quality, well cooped (means in a good barrel).

Back
Top Bottom