I'm feeling like south of the border.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donnelly

Assistant Cook
Here's what I have:
Eggs
Tortillas
Assorted dried chilies
Chicken parts
Sour cream
Cheese (Cheddar, jack, goat)
Salsa
Guacamole

What can we do with this?:glare:

chicken parts?

I would cut up and saute those.
Then, just scramble up the eggs then, cram the tortilla full of all of it!! LOL

scramble the eggs and cook them, then set aside. Cut up the chicken into small bite sized peices and saute. Add in the dried chilis, then the cooked egg, some of the salsa, and finally some of the cheese. As soon as the cheese is melted remove from heat and 'cram' LOL into the tortillas. Top with guacamole and sour cream.

Oh Donnelly, you HAVE to make chilaquiles! They are one of the most delicious foods in Mexico, and I have never seen them north of the border. Everybody makes them differently, as they are basically a way to use leftovers tortillas, meat, etc. Here is a reasonably good recipe...you can use your salsa for sauce, or make up some sauce using your dried chiles. astray recipes: Skillet chilaquiles, cafe style

Most important is to realize that people don't really follow a recipe fpr this. They just fry up their day-old tortillas until they are crisp, stir in a salsa/sauce/ add cheese, eggs, shredded chicken, cream, whatever they have. Serve immediately or the tortillaas start ot get soggy. Soooooooooooooo good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom