ISO ideas for flounder filets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
I bought a bunch of flounder filets, but I'm bored with pan frying in butter with Old Bay. Would like a healthier, more flavorful recipe.

I have some zuchini, frozen chopped spinach, some canned tomatoes, sallot, green onion, Asian sauces and condiments, brocoli, cauliflower....ummm, some canned beans.

Any ideas?

You could do what I do sometimes with tilapia. Dry each filet, then wrap crosswise with a thin piece of prosciutto, tucking a fresh sage leaf or two between the fish and prosciutto. Saute lightly in olive oil until fish flakes. It's pretty tasty.

I've also made a "breading" of finely crushed pecans or pistaschios and bread crumbs.

flounder..

depending on how thick your fillets are there are several options. Assuming that they are under 1/2 an inch thick I can suggest poaching them in either a cooking bag by GLAD or in a foodsaver bag. the prep is simple and you can flavor your fillets in so many different ways that you wont soon run out of different options. I enjoy parsley,lemon, a little garlic salt and a touch of olive oil. your shallots would probably be a nice addition also.

we eat flounder meuniere or lemon beurre blanc pretty often.

how about frying them, coated in asian seasoned panko, and serve with sweet chilli sauce.

Thanks, they all sound pretty good, but the fish didn't smell too good. The DW had to twist my arm to order sushi. lol
I think I'll try the tacos next time with a tempura batter. We love eating fish like flounder or haddock, so I'll be referring to this thread often.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom