ISO Ideas Using Leftover Spaghetti Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you could create some kind of Italian style Chili.....add some cannellini beans or garbanzo bulk up the meat a little and a little heat...thin out with a little stock.....could be tastey :ermm:

I like Katie's idea of using it as a pizza sauce... that is what first came to my mind... I'm a pizza fanatic. I like to add some oregano and minced garlic.

MMMM... french bread or english muffin pizzas sound really yummy!

img_811418_0_0d57356963d2b1e9c2174a8c0b144702.jpg

toppings were red bell pepper and bacon

I took a picture of a french bread pizza I made, but photobucket is busy... can't find it... will post later.... it had mushrooms and mozz. cheese.

Sloppy Joes, enchiladas

Add extra ground beef and some Worcestershire sauce to make Sloppy Joes, or add cumin, paprika and cayenne and use it for enchilada filling - roll it up with a little cheese in corn tortillas, top with red enchilada sauce and more cheese and bake at 350 until brown and bubbly.

I haven't read the whole thread so I will likely be duplicating, sorry.

1. Tortilla pizzas. Crisp a tortilla either in a frying pan or in your oven. (watch for air bubble and pat them flat when they pop up). Then spread leftover spag sauce and any extra toppings you want, top with cheese and broil. Fan favorite here.

2. Minestrone soup. Toss it in a pot of water, add some beans and put in some cooked pasta just before serving. Yummy.

If it's really chunky, wiz it in the cuisinart a bit and make Uova in Purgatorio ( Eggis in Purgatory, knid of the Italian version of Huevos Rancheros). Makrs a great Sunday breakfast.:)

When we make spaghetti, 99% of the time it's a meat sauce. Or I should say when my wife makes it, she's the chef and it's been her special forever:chef: I'm just the Sous Chef :) My job is to usually cut up the mass amounts of garlic, brown the meat and onions, and other little jobs. She makes the sauce with the tomatoes, spices, and she cooks the mushrooms with garlic butter and reduces it and deglazes it with red wine. But most of the time we freeze it and use it again for either ravioli, lasagna, veal or chicken parmesan, or just spaghetti again. Or, when my mom craves it in Ohio (once she tasted it, she fell in love ... we send about a gallon every few months), we will freeze and ship her some in dry ice.

Add some broth and a little more tomato sauce and you can turn it into a great tomato soup. Or use it as a sauce for lasagna or eggplant parmigiana, or whatever kind of parmigiana dish like chicken...

make polenta (corn meal mush) with it - sub sauce for part of the water.

I often use my leftover spaghetti sauce for omelets. I make the omelet with maybe some sauteed mushrooms and cheese and after I plate the omelet I'll heat up some of the sauce in the same pan and top the omelet with the sauce.

I often use my leftover spaghetti sauce for omelets. I make the omelet with maybe some sauteed mushrooms and cheese and after I plate the omelet I'll heat up some of the sauce in the same pan and top the omelet with the sauce.
hey ya know what ............. you just reminded me. my mom used to poach eggs in leftover tomato sauce. served it with toasted italian bread rounds to dip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom