ISO Technique for rib steaks and a side dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snack_pack85

Washing Up
I am making rib steaks for the first time tonight for the family I work for. I first need some guidance on how to cook them, I don't usually cook steaks with bones in.

Then I really need to be creative about the sides. For vegetable sides I have asparagus, hericot verts, bell peppers. I have a ton of salad stuff. Feta, cheddar, and mozarella (shredded). My boss doesnt eat very much gluten so I have grits for a possible side as well. She sometimes will eat brown rice, which I also have. She is allergic to garlic and her husband doesn't eat onion.

HELP?:(

Then I really need to be creative about the sides. ......My boss doesnt eat very much gluten so I have grits for a possible side as well. HELP?:(

Polenta rounds might work. I love them, and I think they are a little more creative than grits.

Snack, I cooked a rib steak for the first time on Sunday. It was cut about 1 1/4-inches thick. I seared it in a VERY hot pan atop the stove, and turned it over and put it in a preheated 400 degree F oven (convection) for 9 minutes. Pulled it and let it rest for 10 minutes, and had a perfect rare/medium-rare steak. Seasoned only with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

Polenta rounds might work. I love them, and I think they are a little more creative than grits.

In one of Bobby Flays restaurants he serves steak and grits and the grits are topped with crumbled bacon, shallots and parsley...That was more along the lines of what I was thinking. Polenta rounds have been done and done in this house hold due to the intolerance of gluten, so I am staying clear of them for a while.

Here's what I am thinking so far (I gotta get started on this soon too) I am going to cook the steak as per Chefjunes instructions, and make the grits like I mentioned above. Roast some asparagus and make a green salad. A little bit boring still, I think.

Snack, I cooked a rib steak for the first time on Sunday. It was cut about 1 1/4-inches thick. I seared it in a VERY hot pan atop the stove, and turned it over and put it in a preheated 400 degree F oven (convection) for 9 minutes. Pulled it and let it rest for 10 minutes, and had a perfect rare/medium-rare steak. Seasoned only with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

Thanks! This sounds easy enough. Thanks CJ!

Wow, now the grits don't sound boring at all! I think they should be very happy with your menu.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom