Jar of Olive Antipasto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snack_pack85

Washing Up
I bought a jar of olive antipasto, I am a big fan of olives but the flavors are too concentrated to eat alone. In the jar there are pitted green olives, whole garlic cloves, red peppers, and pepperoncini. I also have some leftover chicken that's been seasoned with italian seasonings. I have lots of salad fixings too, but I wanna be a little more creative than that. Thanks!:chef:

run a knife over it many times, or pulse it a bit in a blender, and you'll have something like a tapenade.

use the tapenade as a topping for sandwiches, panini, or simply on crostini - sorta like an olive bruschetta.

run a knife over it many times, or pulse it a bit in a blender, and you'll have something like a tapenade.

use the tapenade as a topping for sandwiches, panini, or simply on crostini - sorta like an olive bruschetta.

Oh that sounds wonderful.:w00t2:

How did I not think of that?? I love tampenade. Sometimes you just need an outsider. Two heads really are better than one! Thanks a lot. I think I'll do just that for a snack tomorrow. I'll let ya know how it comes out.:chef:

Mufalleta sandwiches are one of the many Louisiana takes on (subs, hoagies, etc) sandwiches. You buy a round loaf of bread (boule in some places). Split it horizontally. Then you make a relish of different olives, peppers, onions, garlic, olive oil. You pull some of the bread from the insides of the loaf and mix it into the olilve relish. Then you start layering on the bottom half of the bread. I used mortadella, hard salami, ham, a locally made cheese called Apple Jack, a sprinkle of cheddar and of pecorino romano. I sprinkled a bit of olive oil on the bread. Then you pile the olive relish so that it fills he hollow you made in the loaf of bread. Cut into wedges. Voila. If you ever are in New Orleans, have it at Napolean House. The meat and cheese can be done to whatever your taste is, and that of your guests.

I love Muffulettas! The olive mix makes the sandwich. They are also good on White Mountain bread. Add more olive oil to thin the olive anti-pasta. It would be excellent tossed with warm pasta or drizzled on fish or focaccia.

Mufalleta sandwiches are one of the many Louisiana takes on (subs, hoagies, etc) sandwiches. You buy a round loaf of bread (boule in some places). Split it horizontally. Then you make a relish of different olives, peppers, onions, garlic, olive oil. You pull some of the bread from the insides of the loaf and mix it into the olilve relish. Then you start layering on the bottom half of the bread. I used mortadella, hard salami, ham, a locally made cheese called Apple Jack, a sprinkle of cheddar and of pecorino romano. I sprinkled a bit of olive oil on the bread. Then you pile the olive relish so that it fills he hollow you made in the loaf of bread. Cut into wedges. Voila. If you ever are in New Orleans, have it at Napolean House. The meat and cheese can be done to whatever your taste is, and that of your guests.

Oh my goodness that sounds wonderful!!!

A couple of weeks later, but I finally made some tapenade and toast using the jar of anitpasta and it came out wonderful!! Thanks again for the idea!:ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom