Just chicken drumsticks and potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thaicooking

Senior Cook
I have just chicken drumsticks, an onion, and potato..I have no idea what to cook for my today's dinner. Do you have any ideas for me??

I have just chicken drumsticks, an onion, and potato..I have no idea what to cook for my today's dinner. Do you have any ideas for me??
Fry the drumsticks. In the drippings, fry up the onion, make gravy. mash the potatoes.. fried chicken, mashed potatoes and chicken/onion gravy... sounds great to me..

Or make hobo packets--slice the potatoes and onions, put in foil pack with chicken legs on top, salt and pepper and maybe a lump of butter--bake til done, on the grill or in the oven.

Don't worry we are here to help you...Take some aluminum foil and tear into squares for each serving. Place 1 leg, a couple slices of potato and onion on each square. Sprinkle with your favorite spices and dot with cooking oil or butter. Fold and crimp foil to seal it. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is fork tender. Add a dash of any favorite sauce you cook with to the chicken also like a hot sauce just a few drops for some ZING! PUNCH! one last idea if you have some duck sauce for dipping egg rolls I've used that for baking chicken glaze. Just use it on the chicken not the veggies. Best of luck,
Geri_berry
under the hot sun in northwest Florida

Don't worry we are here to help you...Take some aluminum foil and tear into squares for each serving. Place 1 leg, a couple slices of potato and onion on each square. Sprinkle with your favorite spices and dot with cooking oil or butter. Fold and crimp foil to seal it. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is fork tender. Add a dash of any favorite sauce you cook with to the chicken also like a hot sauce just a few drops for some ZING! PUNCH! one last idea if you have some duck sauce for dipping egg rolls I've used that for baking chicken glaze. Just use it on the chicken not the veggies. Best of luck,
Geri_berry
under the hot sun in northwest Florida

What other dishes can be prepared with this "foil method"???

What other dishes can be prepared with this "foil method"???
:chef:OK let me put on my thinking cap! Foil! Ground beef!
Tear Foil into 4 squares and have enough 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef for 4 burgers. I use ground chuck it has good flavor and also has enough fat so it will not be dry.
In bowl mix together ground beef, chopped onion, minced garlic to taste, salt and pepper, 1 egg beaten, 1/3 cup milk, 1 slice bread with crusts removed broken into pieces. Place bread in the milk add beaten egg and combine all ingredients. Last add a little Worcestershire sauce or A-1 sauce. Whatever you like best. Form into patties and place each one on the foil top with peeled potatoes cut in half, carrot sticks, button mushroom slices or whole ones. Bring sides together and fold down leaving room for steam to expand.
Bake for 45 minutes or until beef and veggies are done. Some salad and bread and a dessert is all you need.

Best wishes,
Geri_berry:)

:chef:OK let me put on my thinking cap! Foil! Ground beef!
Tear Foil into 4 squares and have enough 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef for 4 burgers. I use ground chuck it has good flavor and also has enough fat so it will not be dry.
In bowl mix together ground beef, chopped onion, minced garlic to taste, salt and pepper, 1 egg beaten, 1/3 cup milk, 1 slice bread with crusts removed broken into pieces. Place bread in the milk add beaten egg and combine all ingredients. Last add a little Worcestershire sauce or A-1 sauce. Whatever you like best. Form into patties and place each one on the foil top with peeled potatoes cut in half, carrot sticks, button mushroom slices or whole ones. Bring sides together and fold down leaving room for steam to expand.
Bake for 45 minutes or until beef and veggies are done. Some salad and bread and a dessert is all you need.

Best wishes,
Geri_berry:)

About what temperature would you put the oven at? 375, 400?

I should have added that fact pardon me it must have been early in the morning when I was typing away.....I would use the 375 degrees...so nothing burns. Plus I'd put the foiled packets on a cookie sheet. Best wishes!

I should have added that fact pardon me it must have been early in the morning when I was typing away.....I would use the 375 degrees...so nothing burns. Plus I'd put the foiled packets on a cookie sheet. Best wishes!

Thanks for the reply. I am usually notorious about setting an oven too high and end up with burnt food and dark smoke in the kitchen:rolleyes::ermm:. Now to go try this out. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom