Lamb roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DOpig

Assistant Cook
I have a lamb roast that I want to fillet open and top with something then roll up and cook so that when it is served it is sliced into pinwheels. What should I use for the topping/stuffing? What would be a good side dish?

Last edited:
Yep, garlic, feta, oregano, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper. It's all good! Enjoy!!

I have a lamb roast that I want to felet open and top with something then roll up and cook so that when it is served it is sliced into pinwheels. What should I use for the topping/stuffing? What would be a good side dish?

If you just wanted a topping (not filleted/butterflied), this looks like a good one:

Lamb steaks with feta, tomato & rosemary recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

For pinwheels, I would go with chopped fresh parsley & mint, garlic, &, perhaps, feta.

Sides - Lemon (& feta) roasted potatoes. (I have two TNT recipes, one is Martha Stewart's. Try a google.) Greek lemon soup.

I have an entire Greek menu with recipes. Will post more ideas for sides if you need more suggestions.

Meanwhile, here are some ideas from Epicurious:

http://www.epicurious.com/tools/searchresults?search=butterflied+stuffed+lamb

:unsure:Soo many choices! I guess that I will need to go to the store and get some more roasts so that I can try more than one recipe:chef:. Thanks to all of you for the great ideas.:)

Back
Top Bottom