Left over boiled shrimp and crawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keltin

Washing Up
Ok, this is a bit different. I’ve got the meat, and the additives are not a problem (I’ll go get them if I don’t have them). So here’s the problem, we had another boil and this time there is lots of left over boiled (seasoned too) shrimp and crawfish. About 2-3 pounds. What can you do with this cooked meat? Shrimp & crawfish cakes is one option? Shrimp and crawfish cocktail salad. Raw picking food. Anything else? We used to use left over seafood for stuffing……but I’m not stuffing anything anytime soon! I need creative ideas on what to do with this! Thanks!:)

A salad? Not necessarily a cocktail salad. Maybe something with mayo. Or with pasta. Would just go into the kitchen and have some fun with it.

Wish I had that problem. God bless.

Boy, I wish I had your 'problem!' :)

Asian Spring Rolls! Cucs, mint, ginger, etc. w/ the shrimp. Soy dipping sauce. Yum.

I know it's summer and it's hot, but I'd have that wonderful shellfish in a pot of cioppino, a big green salad and lots of nice crusty french bread for dipping into the sauce..I love to freeze several portions for later use..Emmmmm
kadesma:)

How about a pizza topped with seafood, roasted corn, scallions, parmesan or any cheese. Maybe grill the pizza? Or chowder?

That sounds good, Uncle Bob.

Another suggestion: make a seafood pasta, using jarred or homemade Alfredo Sauce or a white sauce flavored with garlic. Add the seafood to the warm sauce and toss with cooked pasta. Top with freshly grated parmesan and serve with warm crusty bread.
We fix this dish frequently, and really enjoy it.

Or...Get a box of Zatarain's Gumbo mix, prepare according to directions, and add your shrimp and crawfish to that at the very last. You could make your own gumbo, of course, but the Zatarain's mix is pretty darned good.

I'd toss them with sliced celery, roasted red peppers, garlic, scallions and a mustardy vinaigrette for a fab salad, served up with some crusty bread.

Any more exposure to heat is likely to render them rubbery. :ermm:

SEAFOOD PAELLA - Add in the shrimp and crawfish at the end, to heat through. Make a big cold pitcher of Sangria and serve with Tapas. Flan for dessert.

Here's a quick version:
Shrimp Paella Recipe, Paella Recipe, Shrimp Recipe
(Add-ins can be mussels or steamed clams.)

Or, stuff the shrimp with pesto and wrap each with 1/2 a slice of cooked bacon - serve on toothpicks as an appy.

Or, shrimp/crawfish tacos. Warm the shrimp/crawfish, serve in flour or corn tortillas w fresh tomato salsa - chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, green onions, cilantro and lime juice, s&p, to taste & sliced avos w lime juice on the side and gazpacho.

Last edited:
Great ideas here! I’d like to do them all! After conversing with DW, she’s picked Alfredo sauce and noodles. She’s not a big fan of crawfish, so I may have enough to do a small (single serving) Creole sauce with rice with those. We have more shrimp than crawfish, but I can’t talk her into eating the mudbugs. Thanks everyone!

Give me the shrimps!

Some random ideas:
-Put some shrimps on a stick and BBQ them (very quickly as they are alreday cooked)
-Make some flambée shrimp and use Cognac, it gives a great test
-Bake fish cake
-Make some salad with shrimp and a mayo ketchup sauce, add lettuce to look nice.
-Learn how to make dim sum
-Go to your 24h Chinese restaurant next door and sell the shrimp :LOL:
-Froze some and eat those in a while, I assume you a lot recently
-With the meat you should make lasagna and eat or froze it

No more ideas, I hope it's enough

You could invite some of us over and we could help you with your little problem!!! There are a bunch of great ideas, I was leaning towards a pasta toss of some sort already mentioned by Constance...

step 1: pack the leftovers in dry ice.
step 2: send the leftovers to black chef.
step 3: get jealous when i post the recipe of YOUR leftovers cooked into what i call a "seafood steak with crawfish cream sauce."

You could toss it with some cold pasta, olive oil, feta cheese, salt & pepper and have a nice cold salad. (probably best if it's hot outside)

I ended up making Crawfish Creole over rice and Shrimp Alfredo over Linguini. Since DW wasn’t going to eat the crawfish, I was free to make it hot (she doesn’t like spicy food). This of course was a prefect opportunity for my recently created Jalapeno hot sauce.

For the Creole I did this:

1/2 Cup chopped onion
1 bell pepper (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 can petite diced tomatoes with chilis (14.5 oz)
1 cup White Zinfandel wine
1 cup Seafood Stock
1 bunch green peppers (chopped)
1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
3 tbsp Jalapeno sauce
1/2 cup crawfish tails

Sautee the onion and bell pepper till they begin to soften. Add garlic and sauté a few minutes more. Deglaze the pan with wine. Add tomatoes (including juice), seafood stock, jalapeno sauce, and Creole seasoning. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add green onions and crawfish tails and simmer 5 minutes more. Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes then serve over rice.

For the Shrimp Alfredo over linguini. I cheated. :rolleyes:I bought a jar of Ragu's Classic Alfredo Sauce. It’s pretty good stuff. ;)

I’ve got to say the jalapeno hot sauce has considerable kick. I’ve never had Jalapenos this hot before, but they make for a great hot sauce and a wonderful addition to this Creole sauce. Oh, and to make the seafood stock, I boiled the shrimp shells and crawfish bodies with half a sliced onion, a clove of garlic, and cracked pepper for 30 minutes. I then strained it all and reserved only the liquid. It made two cups, so I have a little leftover.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas! And Black Chef, the Seafood Steak with Crawfish Cream Sauce sounds divine.....any chance you'll post the recipe?!?!?! :)

Sounds delicious!

Shrimp Alfredo over Linguini, that's a great idea It's think it's time for me to make some.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom