Leftover chicken and fish scraps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I have about half a pound of both chicken scraps and fish (haddock) scraps that I would like to do something with. Any ideas?

Depends on what you mean by "scraps". If they're not directly appetitizing, maybe you could make a soup stock or gravy by boiling them down? You would end up removing the solids in this case.

Well the chicken scraps were just trimmed up bits from the breasts I cooked the other day. The breasts were large with fat pockets so I did a bit of trimming. The fish were thinner parts leftover from when I cut the fish up into equal sizes to make fish and chips. All the meat was still appetizing and perfect to eat.

I ended up using the chicken for the kids tonight. We had leftover Israeli couscous so I cut the chicken into bite size pieces and seasoned and served with the couscous and some veggies. Now I just have the fish. There might be a quarter pound or so of that.

get some peking duck sauce and saute it with jullienned scallions and then put it in between toasted bread, lettuce baby sprouts, and an egg for a good sandwich.

I second the fish tacos.

For the chicken, next time you can do enchiladas, too. Pretty much layer anything with chicken and corn tortillas, and make sure there's a little bit of some sort of liquid (pureed roasted vegetables, especially tomatillos, work great).

Tim

Back
Top Bottom