Marshmallows...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garband

Cook
Hey there. =)
I just noticed there's a bag of marshmallows in my kitchen. All I know to do with marshmallows is smores and hot chocolate... But neither of those would suit (and they're big marshmallows so the hot chocolate wouldn't work anyway lol).

Any ideas for what to do with a bag of marshmallows?

This reminds me of a funny way my cousins and I used to eat marshmellows as kids.
It was very weird but we really enjoyed it. We didn't like marshmellows much and one day, we were goofing around with a bag of them, just sort of mushing them between our fingers and going "aaaaagh!" at each other. Then as we stretched and mushed, the consistency of the marshmellow became more elastic, almost taffy like. The resulting taste was like taffy, which we all loved! The taste similar when melted for rice crispy treats. And from that point, we never said no to another bag of marshmellows!

Hey there. =)
I just noticed there's a bag of marshmallows in my kitchen. All I know to do with marshmallows is smores and hot chocolate... But neither of those would suit (and they're big marshmallows so the hot chocolate wouldn't work anyway lol).

Any ideas for what to do with a bag of marshmallows?

Stick a pretzel in each one & dip the marshmallow in melted chocolate.

Banana S'mores - graham cracker, square of chocolate, marshmallow, slice of banana, graham cracker. You could smear some peanut butter on the crackers, if you like.

Make some chocolate fondue. Skewer the marshmallows, strawberries, bananas & take a dip. :)

I love making marshmallows from scratch and so I always have a lot left over. Next time you've got a big bag consider:

Chopping them up and adding them to your ice cream maker for, among other things, rocky road.

Dip them in white or dark chocolate and roll them in nuts.

Melt them down and use the resulting cream between the layers of a cake.

Make fudge!

Melt it down and use it in place of a meringue on a pie (lemon and chocolate work really well).

Lastly, rub a pie sheet or cake mold with butter and coat it with a mixture of corn flour and confectioners sugar then pour the WARM marshmallow cream into the mold and coat it. You can use this as 1) a pie shell, 2) a crust for cheese cake, 3) the shell for a jello mold -- one of my favorites ideas.

Hope this helps.

We like to top freshly baked brownies with them, then pop them under the broiler till they toast. :)

Sweet potatoes cooked in brown sugar, butter topped with marshmallows.

Stir them into vanilla pudding along with sliced bananas and spread on top of nilla wafers in a pan. (if they are the large ones, quarter them first).

Put them in a vacuum seal bag and vacuum seal them.. more for entertainment than usefulness.....

Back
Top Bottom