Mushed Bread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
Came home from the grocery store.
Opened the trunk and discovered my loaf of bread....
under the 2 cantaloupes. :mad: Not able to salvage.
My only thought is to throw it in the "food mulcher" as my Dad calls it, make bread crumbs and freeze them.
Any other ideas?

Call the store first...talk to the Mgr on duty...Complain loudly...make him/her tell you they will give you a FREE loaf next time you are in...Get his/her name.
Then toast lightly to dry it somewhat and make bread crumbs....

I bagged it and packed it in the car myself....
I have already called myself and complained loudly.
:)
Thanks though!

I would cut up in 1/2" pieces and toast in the oven for croutons, maybe adding some spices depending on whether you like for soup or salads.

Bread Pudding!!!!!

man, i haven't had really good bread pudding for a while now..

Roll it up into little balls, find a pond and take the kids bluegill fishin' ;)
Yeah

Hey Suzie,
stuff it with several types of cold cuts,cheese or left over steak,some lettuce or spinach ,onion rings, avocado then put it in a George Forman, or panini press or i a skillet and top with a foil wrapped brick and ta da hubby gets a brand new sammie, hey add several crispy slices of bacon a salad and life is good again...come morning make stuffed french toast with a sausage patty dip in batter .. You will soon be called super MOM

kades:)

Roll it up into little balls, find a pond and take the kids bluegill fishin' ;)
Yeah

That's a good idea! I'll do that with some of it.
We have a stream up the road that runs thru a culvert under the road.....
With all the rain we've had its VERY full and not too difficult to throw stuff into for the fishies!

Thanks everyone.

umm, squzie, you missed the point. you're supposed to hide a little hook attached to a line in the mushed bread. :rolleyes:

no, what I REALLY missed was how I would play yahtzee with mushed bread and a black marker!!!!!

I'm in Haiti and the girls here do a wonderful soup with pieces of bread. They basically make chicken stock and then ball the bread (that way it doesn't matter whether or not they were able to find sliced bread, cuz its pretty scarce) they add chicken and carrots and its amazing!!! Happiness abounds in mass quantities

OH sorry, They add the balled bread when its boiling and it makes a fun dumpling type thing...... sorry went off on a tangent

Back
Top Bottom